Started experimenting with a unique concept for a map prototype

So a few months ago I saw this Indie Horror Game called “LiDAR.exe”, this game used a unique mechanic where everything surrounding you was black, except what you scanned with your LiDAR scanner. You then had to find your way through the environment only using your tool to see where you were going.

So I thought it would be cool to recreate it in Fortnite! Here’s my first attempt at it using Niagara to recreate a Depth Sensor like tool.

15 Likes

Very creative! Looks great.

1 Like

What a cool (and creepy!) idea!

1 Like

Thanks Lundle!!

It going to be way creepier with some custom sound effects! Thank you!!

1 Like

Absolutely mind blowing… I have zero idea how you did this lol

1 Like

Tricks tricks tricks… thank you!!

1 Like

I love the surreal tone mashup here - visually beautiful aesthetics with a creepy and menacing undertone. I’m also getting some claustrophobia vibes :open_mouth: In an abstract way the pretty/creepy vibe reminds me of the horror movie Annihilation, where visuals were delicate and beautiful while the story and action were violent and scary.

1 Like

Super cool, because its so different from what current Creative can do!

1 Like

Thank you Tiny! Yeah, the possibilities of these new tools are insane

1 Like

Love this so much. I said it already, but have to make sure to say it again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

This is absolutely incredible! So creative!! I would love to learn how you implemented this.

1 Like

Thank you so much jj! It was challenging as it’s still not perfect, but super fun!

This reminds me of the Unfinished Swan. This is great Rynex!! Good work. I am going to think on how you pulled this off. I’m sure it’s clever, but it’s like a puzzle to me. Hope you make an experience out of this.

1 Like

I’m definitely planning on making a release-ready version of this soon! Thank you!