Start-Up Movies not Working

Hello! So I’m just starting to use UE4 and am enjoying it. I have been working for a couple hours trying to get the Powered By Unreal Engine 4 animation found here to work on startup using Project Settings → Movies but am having no luck. I’ve tried making the video 1080p, 720p, I’ve changed the codec to what people tell me to and I’ve set the FPS to both 25 and 60 but nothing works I tried following all the stuff this tells me: here and here but nothing works, I’ve done all the changes in either VLC Media Player or Freemake Video converter just as those people tell me but nothing works. I am using UE v4.15 (As it should say somewhere) and Windows 10.

Hello quickjay,

I downloaded the test video in the link you provided and can confirm it doesn’t play out of the box. I have the exact same video that has been converted into a different codec and resolution which plays perfectly fine.

I will say I had some difficulties as well when converting the original .mov file into an acceptable and usable form to play in the editor. I actually had to use the same video which had already been converted into the correct format.

You can download it here.

Let me know if that doesn’t work on your end, or if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Thanks for replying! It worked like a charm, it would be nice if you could specify what program you used and how you did it thought. Thanks!

What exactly is the correct codec? I am wanting to create small movie (like the borderlands 2 intro) for our current project.

Hello, after looking through the file that AndrewHurley gave me the settings needed are:

.mp4 file format

Video:
MPEG-4 Video Codec,
60 fps,
1920x1080 Resolution

Audio:
.mp3 Audio Codec,
Bitrate: 128 kb/s,
2 Channels,
Sample Rate 44100

Hope that works. It should be all able to be done in VLC Media Player.

Hi, I have the same problem but only on ios with the same video that play without problems on Android.

Anyone got solution for this one? The startup movie in our project doesn’t work on iOS

Just in case anyone is having this issue in iOS and using Bink Video plugin

I got mine fixed because it can’t find the file.

Change the file BinkMoveStreamer.cpp in bool FBinkMovieStreamer::OpenNextMovie() starting in line 253

FString CookPath = *BinkUE4CookOnTheFlyPath(FPaths::ConvertRelativePathToFull(BINKMOVIEPATH), *MoviePathTbl[i]);
			ExternalPath = PlatformFile.ConvertToAbsolutePathForExternalAppForRead(*FullMoviePath);
            FString SearchPath = ExternalPath;

#if PLATFORM_IOS
            SearchPath = CookPath;
#endif

if (FPlatformFileManager::Get().GetPlatformFile().FileExists(*SearchPath))