Standardizing some of the API

It would be great to see some standard methods that are common across the major base classes. For instance, Enable/Disable functions. Some devices have them, some don’t. The ones that don’t seem to have access through the editor, so for some of them, I call enable/disable, and for others I add triggers, tie them to the Enable/Disable user options in the editor, then call something like EnableSomethingTrigger.Trigger. This is super kludgy, and since I can do it anyways, why jump through these hoops?

The other thing I’d like to see are some basic introspection functions that can tell me something/anything about the object I have, either at the API level or the language level. Things like GetName so I know which instance of an object I have, GetClass so I know what the actual class is implementing a base class or interface, etc. Since Logger.Print is how we have to debug, having features like that are a tremendous help in hunting down problems, especially as game logic gets more complex.

I’m guessing this stuff is already coming, but it would be great if it were on the sooner side of things :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback. While cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.