Standalone game is slower than PIE

Go ahead and remove instances of that model and see if your performance gets any better.

Done, but with no luck. Standalone is always the same

Go ahead and remove instances of that model and see if your performance gets any better.

If not, then the only thing to do would be to remove instances of models and blueprints from the scene until you see your performance increase, and then slowly integrate them back in until you are able to determine which asset is causing the performance drop. While tedious, this is your best bet for debugging your project.

Hello,

Give my above suggestion of migrating your content into a new project a try, or test out your project on another PC to see if you can mirror the same performance issues. I have not been able to reproduce a difference in framerate between standalone and PIE in any of my own projects, so it seems like something that is related to a specific setup inside of your project. You’ll need to perform additional debugging and testing to determine the specific asset(s) that are causing the issue.

If you are able to determine how to reproduce this issue in a clean project, or if you are still experiencing a heavy performance decrease after migrating the assets one by one into a clean project, please feel free to reopen this thread.

Have a great day

I followed your tip, but with no luck.

I completely deleted that huuge model from the scene, but the FPS counter is the same; also the difference is perfectly the same, nothing changes.

There are not extra blueprints, my code is in C++ and I’m not overdoing anything.

Really 't know what to do :confused:

You can upload the project to Google Drive. It will definitely take a while to upload, but it’s the best way to be able to look further into this issue.

Okay, sent!

Thank you for providing your project. After some additional testing, I’m not seeing a drop in performance on my end when playing in standalone compared to PIE. This performance issue is most likely related to the hardware that you are running.

Some things you can try are lowering the quality setting on your editor by going to Settings->Engine Scalability Settings and changing those options. That could potentially help you see better performance. You also have several widgets being added to the screen, which can also cause a performance decrease if they are not being removed.

Finally, a great way to debug your game would be to use the profiling tools that are available, as they’ll allow you to see where the majority of your resources are being used. Here is our profiling documentation:

Have a great day

Hello.
Thanks very much for the time dedicated, what you do is very admirable.

You also have several widgets being added to the screen, which can also cause a performance decrease if they are not being removed.

Okay, what do you mean by that? As you could see, I have widgets like “You killed…” or “You were killed by…”, that I just set to invisible.

It’s just for semplicity, rather than Adding and Removing.

Is that really really important?

Thanks man!

It could definitely cause a drop in performance. You can use the Remove From Parent node when you no longer need the widgets on screen. Ensuring that all unnecessary assets are removed from the game is definitely a big part of making sure that your game is as optimized as possible. I hope that helps.

gedamial, any success? I have the same problem and my game is veeery simple, it’s just a ball rolling down the slope. In PIE i observe ~37 FPS and in packaged project it is literally one frame per second.
I am using a Windows machine, UE5
I was thinking, maybe it has something to do with the scalability settings? Maybe they are super high by default in a packaged project?
And the GPU usage is consistent 100% when the packaged option is launched, while in PIE it is lower.

Found a solution here: Scalability Reference does not apply to standalone Game - Platform & Builds - Unreal Engine Forums