EDIT Replaced images with latest version which has fixed UV issues, better usage of UV space and improved material
I recently played through Wolfenstein: The New Order and it got me back into WW2 so i decided to start making some WW2 assets for practice which i will post in this thread as i go along, first off is the Stahlhelm (German Helmet).
It’s pretty low poly (just under 1,500 polys) and the texture maps are 1024x (Diff, Norm, Gloss and AO) - There is a uv issue around the rim of the helmet which i plan to fix later i just didn’t get around to it before taking screen grabs, i also plan to create the detailed the interior
I used SoftImage for the model and UVs, ZBrush for the diffuse and detail maps then i used XNormal to bake out the maps.
Stahlhelm (German Helmet)