Stacking Mod Help ????

Hey folks, I am super new to modding and thought ARK would be a good place to start …
I figured I would start small with a simple Stacking Mod, but it turns out it’s not as simple as I hoped …

So what’s happening is this …

I have found the Consumable & Resource blueprints, modified the Stack Sizes and Cooked the Mod …
Problem is, when I upload to Steam Workshop for testing, the Mod is not working in game …
However … If I cook the changes as a Total Conversion, it works just as intended, but I don’t want it to be a Total Conversion …

Things I have tried …

1. Edit the base blueprints … Not Working as MOD … Works as Total Conversion …
  2. Copy the blueprints to new folder and edit copies … Not Working as MOD … Works as Total Conversion …
  3. Create Child copies … Not Working as MOD … Works as Total Conversion …
  4. Moved Blueprints to new Folder, keeping all reference items linked … Not Working as MOD … Works as Total Conversion …

Is there something I am missing as far as creating just a Stacking Mod goes ?
I don’t want to modify weight, harvest amount etc etc … Just how many in a stack …

Anyone with some advice to give, would be greatly appreciated …

Do you have the primalgamedata and testgamemode properly referenced? Other than that I have no clue.

Making stack mods is not a relatively simple thing.

They will always be a core-data mod, making it not stackable, which requires them being remapped in the PrimalGameData and I’ve heard other things that needed to be done but I can’t remember what they were.

-WM

Hmm, this I could not tell you …
They are not included in my own Mod Folder …
Were do I find them and should they be in my Mod Folder along with the copies of Blueprints ?

Also when I copy the Blueprints, they seem to lose all Reference links as to which other items are associated with them.
How do I keep all the links in tact ?

Here is a good tutorial on how to setup the basic files for your mod from Goldmoon: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556109506

I looked at this guide a couple days back when I 1st started …
Followed it word for word to the best I could understand the instructions …
Still only able to get a Total Conversion to work and not just a Stacking Mod :frowning:

So no-one that actually made a Stacking Mod comes here and shares their success and advice ?

I have tried about every way I can think of to do it, but it just will not work :frowning:
On top of that, I think I have spent more time ‘Waiting’ for the Mod Kit to come out of some random lockup, then actually trying to make the mod …

Oh well, that was a short lived adventure in modding … /sigh …

If they are not in your mod folder then they are not linked properly. Copy PrimalGameData_BP and TestGameMode from the generic mod folder. PGD needs to be linked in your orange map file, testgamemode is linked in PGD.

Ok, I have done as you suggested …

Copied PGM & TGM to my own Mod Folder, along with the ‘GenericMod’ Orange map file.

Do I also need to copy the Resource & Consumable blueprints to the same folder, or just edit them in their default folders ?

Because everytime I copy them from the default to my mod folder, they lose all the Reference Links they had previously.