Stacking Item In inventory

Hello guys, I followed a tutorial on Youtube on how to create a inventory. What I did when I was done was to redo the inventory widget so that it has slots instead of a list with the items.

However what I can’t figure out is how to increase the picked up items amount. It all worked when I had the list like in the video I have linked but now the amount of items in the inventory won’t increase.

In the item slot widget I have a text binded to ItemData.Amount as seen in this picture

Here is a picture of my function called “Increase Item Amount”

This function gets called in another function called “Try add Item” when pressing the pickup key on a item that is on the ground. It checks if item is in inventory and if it is then it will increase the item count.

As seen in this video the function “Try add item” works as designed since I have two string prints. One that is “false” and one that is “True”. So if an item is not in the inventory it prints false and calls on function “Add Item to inventory” but if an item is in the inventory it prints “True” and calls on the function “Increase item Amount”

What I’ve noticed is that my widget for dropping more than one item also won’t get called.
When having >1 item in the inventory I have a setup that calls for a widget to drop a specific amount or drop all of the items.

However when I swap the true and false nodes in the branch after “Is valid” then the widget gets called. So basically it only goes to the false route. My guess is because the item data does not get updated when items is added.

What I need help with is why the item amount won’t update when picking the same item up.