Sr. Lead Game Engineer

I have a have a role in Orlando, FL for a Sr. Lead Game Engineer. The role would be a Direct Hire. I have included the job details below. If you are outside of the area, there will be relocation assistance.

If this is something you are interested in, please email me an updated copy of your resume and the best time I can reach out to you to discuss this role in more detail. If you know of anyone who might be interested in a role like this, please pass this email on to them. Also, let me know what your salary requirements would be for this type of position. My email is . Have a good day.

Job Summary:

This job is at a cleared government facility, we can only hire US persons at this site. A US person is either a US citizen or a Permanent resident.

Lead serious games team in development of immersive virtual training applications in an Agile development environment. Participate in relevant aspects of application design cooperating with software engineers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers. The position requires a self-disciplined person who is detailed oriented. Must work and communicate in an objective oriented team. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.

Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
*Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and insight within game software team’s processes and standards
*Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on program needs
*Manage team awareness of deadlines and priorities
*Monitor team status across projects and report progress to engineering management
*Support direct reports via reviews, removing impediments, and facilitating career growth
*Develop design documentation, backlogs, and release plans from program requirements
*Provide feedback during design and peer code reviews and mentor team growth
Lead sprint planning and estimating
*Encourage technical innovation iterating on best practices for development, testing, and delivery
*Evaluate vendor / 3rd party capabilities to provide required products or services
*Show commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
*Engage in continuous improvement of team’s technical capabilities and program execution
*Works under limited supervision and direction, and can train and mentor others

Minimum Job Requirements:
***Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Software Architecture, or other Engineering/Technical discipline preferred, minimum 5-10 years of software development experience required. **
***Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. **
***Good interpersonal communication and team-oriented skills. **
***Programming proficiency in C++ with preference for familiarity with C++11 and later specifications. **
***3 years of experience leading a software development team or multiple teams. **
***Experience with Agile Scrum software development is required. **
***Experience managing a software backlog and coordinating sprints and associated stories. **
***Ability to clearly write software requirements and design specifications, including UML diagrams. *Experience with Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine, or Virtual Battlespace 3 is required. **
***Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D). **
***Experience with software source control, configuration management processes, software engineering improvement processes is required. **
***Flexibility to adapt to quickly changing circumstances and work priorities is required. *Multiplayer/network applications, 3D rendering, artificial intelligence, or game development experience is highly desired. **
***Experience in leading, managing, and mentoring a team of highly talented software engineers. Perform annual performance reviews. **
*Experience in Agile/SCRUM software development methodologies and SDLC.
***Must be able to obtain a security clearance. **