8 Circuit Studios is looking to work with a designer specializing in gameplay mechanics who is ready to create the next novel genre mashup. This role is tailor made for a technically capable gameplay designer who can comfortably play with conceptual models and then outline implementation approaches based on established gameplay mechanics.
If you are schedule minded and release focused, we’d love to hear from you.
- Drive game design with creative director guidance across systems, focused on space combat.
- Actively guide teams to reach target design goals offering mentoring and support where possible
- Review and provide feedback on game mechanic designs and sequences.
- Manage the integration, iteration, tuning and playtesting.
- Match game quality goals and scope to complement schedule, staff and budget.
- Improve processes and practices to increase quality and accuracy.
- Design and own systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
- Research the game’s subject matter.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Design, Art and Engineering teams to create and refine gameplay mechanics & combat encounters.
- Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress with your lead and/or manager.
- Maintain knowledge of the global game market and applies knowledge to product
- Expertise working in Unreal Engine 4 with a portfolio of released titles.
- Deep passion for FPS shooters and space combat, Console or PC.
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay (controls, weapons systems, player progression) in a 3D environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience for buy-off
- Technical ability to rapidly get your design concepts “on the screen”.
- Open to direction and feedback while meeting deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
Please send your portfolio and cv to email@example.com