Toys for Bob is looking for a dynamic Sr. Animation Tools Engineer to join our team in creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games.
• Collaborate with Animation and Cinematics in the development of character pipeline tools
• Collaborate with Design and Engineering on the development of in-game systems
• Hands-on assistance of animators/designers solving technical animation and rigging issues
• Create prototype and production technical assets as necessary to support production
• Meet deadlines and milestones as set by Project Leads
• 5+ years of experience supporting character production on shipped titles
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Extensive experience working with game engine animation systems
• Proficient in scripting and programming languages, including C++/C#, MEL, Python
• Intimate understanding of Maya rigging and animation pipelines
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Unreal Engine experience a plus
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the “Toys to Life” genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!