SpriteUV2 A Texture / Sprite / UV Map packer that you will love

Hi there !

I’d like to introduce you a new gamedev tool that I hope you’ll find useful!

SpriteUV2 is a tool for creating optimal meshes for textures / sprites and packing them into an atlas.

Download for free on www.spriteuv.com (Windows x64 and macOS)

Features extremely tight packing. Allows for an additional 30%-90% free space compared to square or other concave packing algorithms.
Easy to use. Drag and drop image files (.fbx, .json (Spine animation), .png, .tiff, .tga, .psd) -> Select folder for atlas and meshes -> Hit Build
Per sprite settings. Precise mesh shape adjustment for each sprite for the best result.
Export mesh to FBX, UNITY SPRITES, COLLADA or JSON. Exported meshes are ready to be immediately used in any modern game engine or 3D application.
Project settings file saved in a simple JSON format.
Command line interface.
And much more!

Key features:

• Auto Mesh Generation. Optimal Concave or Convex mesh generation from sprites.
  • Custom Meshes. Precisely define sprite meshes for the best result or future manipulations.
  • Mesh tessellation. Useful for the mesh run time deformation, like cloth, verlet or any other.
  • Multi-texture export. You have the ability to create textures with different data but share the same UV coordinates and mesh shape. Great for applications such as normal maps, glow maps, etc.
  • 3D object UV Map repacking. Repack UVs in FBX files and combine multiple textures into one.
  • Spine animation atlas repacking. Repack / combine multiple Spine animation atlases into one texture

Import formats

• PNG
  • PSD
  • TGA
  • TIFF
  • FBX
  • JSON (Spine animation)

Thank you!

SpriteUV2 1.0 has been released!

What’s new:

• Spine animation ( exported as json ) atlas repack
  • Import TGA, PSD
  • Export atlas to TGA format
  • Export sprites mesh to OBJ format
  • Export as single file
  • Bug fixes

Hi! Can this program deal with lightmap overlaps errors in UE4? I have this problem and from what I understood the packing program must know UE4 lightmap resolution and pack accordingly or something like that?.. It is such a pain, I am not looking in all means for best tight packing, rather error free lightmap once and for all.

Hello !

I’m sorry for the very late reply, but unfortunately SpriteUV can’t help in that situation