Spring Sale?

[] @ Maybe having a big Highlight section like in the Steam Sales? If the list changes at regular intervals, that should help bring a lot of older products to the forefront.

Edit: Ok maybe the featured section is doing that. Haven’t checked if the list keeps rotating, & if so, how often it happens.

They are given 15 days rotation for your asset but the list is big, so almost taking 2 months to rotate all assets in groups. Each creator can have only one featured.

That type of rotation happens normally right? I was wondering if there was a separate product rotation going on during sales? Like is there a “spring sale highlights” list now that gets updated every few hours or once per day to cover more products?

The Featured page only shows the one product sellers enlisted for the feature period. The marketplace sends an e-mail on near the end of each period for the sellers to tell which of their assets will be featured. The Sales event happens in a similar form sent by the marketplace at least one month prior the sales event and where the seller enlist all products and respective discount per asset he want to be part of the sales.

The rotation at page I am not aware the rules, but I thought someone wrote it was a 30min and than updated, that might have changed. The rule would be the same for the Spring Sale and Featured List, but all that might take into account the number of products part of each, so they might self adjust to that number.

A better understanding would require contact directly to the marketplace support or post and Creators Hub.

Will send it to you now, Thank you @anonymous_user_7363201a

From what dates is this sale active?

The sale ends April 10th at 11:59pm EDT.

oh nice good to know , when subscribe doesn’t, i will follow your topics …

Ahh, I caught the sale but never noticed the replies. Sorry about the delay!
I definitely see from a sellers perspective why the sales wouldn’t be as big of a deal, when I mull through what’s for sale there are a few things that caught my eye that seem like they would negatively impact a seller (The overwhelming amount of assets available being one of them).

First I notice when scrolling through the marketplace asset page it will load random packs into my feed rather than lining packs from pages 1-10 in a synchronized order, even if you change search settings to be based off of price, sale percentage, date, or another variable. If for example there are 3 pages worth of 90% off sales you will more than likely see packs from the previous pages on your current page because they’re loaded randomly since all of the packs are 90%off and it’s only lining them up based on their percentage, when what they should be doing is loading them based on percent AND ID number so the assets that fall within the same percent are still lined in a synchronized order, allowing everyone to see every pack available. I found tons of packs I had never seen before by clicking back and forth on the same 2 pages dozens of times, and it shouldn’t be a gamble what pack you come across, and when I click on the previous page, I should be able to see the pack I was previously looking at, I imagine this would be a big discouraging factor for sellers knowing its so difficult to be spotted without the benefits of being featured or having a recognizable name.

Secondly although the layout is good it’s massive, either (More advanced) tags or sub-categories are needed, simply scrolling through Environments is nice since they’re all laid out in one area but when you’re looking for something specific it can be overwhelming and due to the fact you may never find that asset even if it does exist. A more advanced search and tag feature would be ideal but a sub-category system based off of these tags would be nice too. This wouldn’t only help with generating sales, but this would also allow people who make money off of the marketplace identify what assets aren’t currently available and what might be in demand from a lack of supply.
Just my two cents, correct me if I’m wrong, would love to hear back from some peeps!

As for the sale, down side was the Able Ability System didn’t get a 50% discount, I’ll keep dreaming though ;D

@ModularArchive I agree with your points. As a seller I only got 2 sales at the event and 5x more out of it which would mean at least: people didn’t find out about the sale event or didn’t have money to expend around the sale date or had a hard time trying to find the package they want. As a buyer, I passed by some of the same difficulties you spotted and was annoying changing page to see the same package laying on the next one aswel. Wish list is still a missing feature I really want to see.

why you dont say some people They DIDNT receive email AT ALL about those sales , am keep fighting about that … https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…sales-not-fair But doesn’t care … you are lucky in the end you will see nobody is going to buy one of your products , because is drinking Coffee and watching TV while they are working.

Now i pause my project because i have to wait until next sales!!!

Respectfully, I didn’t mention it because e-mail is just one of the ways Epic uses to advertise the event. They also send advertises at Twitter, they post here at the forums, so you can look at those places aswel since they don’t fail like a e-mail can (it can be blocked, depending on subscribing on it, etc), so it is a matter at looking at both at least twice a day for a opportunity of not missing the sales. Actually I receive the e-mails, but I see the advertisement at Twitter way before anything else.

Honestly am not using Twiter and FB , We all know they are checking all our chats so i deleted , most people here deleted those apps because governments just proof what happen behind of all those apps

The same theory applies to every type of communication going through the Internet, even more e-mails. You can be at Twitter and just follow people to see their artwork and news if those are companies. You don’t need and are not requested to tweet anything. Currently Twitter is a great tool of self-promotion for the a gamedev nowadays. I do RT any useful post and even when someone is looking for work (I follow 4k people and around 500 follows me). I agree FB is evil in so many ways…

As for me (a buyer):

I can only agree with the feedback. I dont even try buying anything for a few sales already, even though I really wanted to. usually I spend a couple hundred bucks on sales. But without any means to effectively browse through all the assets, I dont even feel like trying. And I know that I’m not alone with this…

The feature lacking most at sales is exclusive search, like excluding certain categories or tags from the results. With sales, I do not know what I am looking for, i’m just browsing for useful stuff, but I certainly know what I don’t need to see.

Wish list is a fantastic idea. It’s a real headache having to re-look for the same packs I want each sale. I usually bookmark them but at this point there are far too many bookmarks for that to be considered an effective way to keep track of them. Since there hadn’t been a big sale in a while I had saved up for close to 9 months when March came around, plus it’s my birthday and that’s how I treat myself, but due to not knowing when it was going to occur and it not occurring until a month after its usual date I only spent a hundred because I outsourced and got assets elsewhere, but that’s about 10% of what I planned on spending originally.

I have a twitter and will definitely start keeping watch, the fact that’s necessary is a bit ridiculous but I’ll play ball if that’s what it takes I guess

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder why there is still no wish list, when it’s effectively the same as the shopping cart, just with a different name and purpose…