Spring controller jitter

Hello dear community,

there seems to be an issue with animBP spring controller and global translations of character.
Im using it to add breast physics to my character since its already behaving much much nicer than the physicsAsset.
So what I do is add spring controller to those joints instead. But the problem is that when the character is moving, or standing on something that moves, the spring bones start to jitter and glitch very badly.
When walking or running it isnt that much noticeable, tho its still there, but in this case (see video) its really obvious that something isnt been calculated right.
I tried setting substepping, but that didnt affect it at all.

Here’s a link to a youtube video I made showing the issue and talking a bit about it.

‘v=’ link:

Any Ideas why this is happening and how to prevent it? Id also like some more in-depth documentation about nodes like the spring controller, maybe an api doc with technical data and physics/math insight?

link to fullres image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25584030/ue4springCtrlDemo1.PNG

add:
I already tried:

• limit displacement small/large values, on and off
  • error reset thresh small/large
  • dampen and stiffness values small/large
  • project settings > physics > substepping, delta time small/large values

none had any effect

Yep it jittering in me too. I think its bugged. Calling devs for help :smiley:

I had a lot of issues when trying to use the animdynamic nodes, how do you have them set up?

Scaling issue with the animation mesh, solved it by using modify bone and scaling by x100

Has this issue been resolve?

Nope, the spring controll node is phucked… I moved over to animDynamics - that works super well :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks for sharing! Have an awesome summer! =)
-Samuelb