spring arm not colliding with environment anymore?

hey everyone
my spring arm stopped colliding with any other walls or surfaces in the game. And im not sure exactly why. Ive been looking at the settings, and even created a new one, but it’s still not reacting the way it used to initially. anyone has encountered this or knows how to fix it? my collision settings right now are camera , and i killed all my offsets on both the spring arm and the child camera.

I can think of a couple of things that could make it break (but there are more, for sure):

• the springarm has a probe whose collision can be enabled / disabled (on purpose or by accidental furious clicking - been there, done that)

• if the above Do Collision Test is True, the geometry the probe is supposed to slide against may no longer react to the Camera channel

Image from Gyazo

Here, the wall is no longer blocking the Camera due to its collision setting

• the player is moving using a method the movement component does not understand or enjoy - and these are too numerous to list. How is the player moving when the issue occurs?

and the child camera

Do tell more about this setup. Is this a secondary camera? Is only 1 misbehaving?

yeah still no good…all those were like default. i copied over a third person character from the third person template and that works. But all my settings are the same on my character. i really don’t get it. I do have 2 spring arms and two cameras. (but the other springarm camera arent activated(they only activate for ADS but that part of code is disabled at the moment to figure out the spring arm). i even deleted them all together and made new camera and spring arm but still no good.

How are you moving the camera then? Same as in the 3rd person template, or do you have your own method. How are you testing it? Any concrete examples?

It’s pretty much impossible to figure out what is going on with no screenshot / script / video or a detailed description of the systems involved. :expressionless:

ok i figured out what was causing it, not exactly sure why it didn’t got fixed last time, but it was due to the fact i had offsets in the camera and spring arm.
so now it works against walls. butnow it clips through the character… XD