Spline (road) misdeforms in landscape

Why does the deformation of a spline to adapt to the path go wrong in Unreal 5.2

Hi alerender,

I’ve been using it fine in 5.2 - do you have the LandMass plugin enabled and using layers? I’ve had issues in previous versions with that, similar to your video - perhaps it’s that? You could test by making a level with a landscape without layers and the landmass plugin disabled and apply the spline deform to that…

I tried creating an empty landscape and applying it, and it works. For some reason, it doesn’t work with this landscape created using a heightmap. Maybe it’s a bug.

1 Like

You were right. When I disabled the Landmass, the spline ended up much higher (that’s why it adjusts there), so I lowered it and was able to place it correctly on the terrain. What is the purpose of having Landmass enabled after creating the terrain?

Yeah that’s the kind of thing I was getting too - It’s mainly for using “layers” on the landscape, and for some of the landscape features like river splines etc - If you’re not using either of those, you can just turn it off…

I am using the Procedural content generated…
I did not find any videos on youtube that use the Procedural, with a spline in a landscape with unevenness .

1 Like

I think that depends on what you’re doing with the PCG. What I ended up doing was creating a landscape with layers initially, and then exported it as a merged heightmap and reimporting as a single layer - solved all my problems with it.

1 Like

You have to activate in the Landscape Editor on the Road Layer the option reserve for Spline, than it should work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.