Spline points creation

Hi I am strucked at points creation of spline

Here i need to create points like these

305705-needtodo.png

Now i am able to create points to the center like mentioned below

305706-abletodo.png

I am attaching Blueprint i made to give points to middle.Here I am trying for spline points as Linear so I looped and kept point type as linear

My question is I have to take 1/3rd location as point from 1 to 2 and 3 to 2 points
And also i want to update my spline mesh on my spline only.Please help me to solve these issues

I have not tested the script below which I have created, but have mentally tested it and it should work.

What I am doing in the first section of the above screenshot is as follows:

1. Getting the distance of the inbound spline point along the entire spline, then taking the distance of the previous spline point to get a number that can be divided by 3 to get a third of that section length.
  2. Then, since you want this to be 2/3 of the distance along this section of the spline, we need to times the 3rd we got by 2.
  3. Since we only have a section of the spline now, we need to add it back to the rest of the spline which comes before the inbound index. Finally we can get the location from this using the ‘GetLocationAtDistanceAlongSpline’ and use this to create the spline point.

The bottom section is very similar, but does not need to be multiplied by 2 since we only want the first 3rd of the spline section.

I really hope this helps and let me know if you have any issues with this setup
:slight_smile:

Another way:

Untested but works in my head kind of thing. Would need to be repeated for another point.

Thank you for your efforts and now I am able to add points and

I added points because i thought i can select those 3 or 1 point(s) at junction and can make selected points as a curve but i am not able to do it

my limitation is i need small curve only in edges remaining all spline should be linear

But if i took all spline points as curve spline is having unwanted extra curve which is not exact output like this

Please let me know if there is any solution for small curve in edges

You’d need to look into how tangents work. There’s is no one solution serves all here, sadly.

Image from Gyazo