Spline Mesh Component replication bug

Hi,

i´m programming a network based buildsystem like in RUST and i tried to implement the possibility to build fences.
So i decided to give splines a chance because it looks good for my needs.
Now my first prototype is working well with a bug.
The problem/bug is that in network the clients doesn´t see the added spline mesh components but the collision works because the clients can´t run through them.
The host always see all spline mesh components.
The first placed Spline with its first two points is visible to all.
When i´m adding new spline points to a selected spline and call my render function the spline with all its new splinepoints/spline mesh components are only shown on the host.

Here screens from the runtime:
The numbers over the pillars are the spline points.

Here i add a spline point to an existing spline and call a defined function of the Spline BP_Actor called “RenderSpline”.

Now in the “RenderSpline” function i do this:

and in the Subfunction called “BuildSplineElement” i do this:

I already tried to seperatly set the reference “Local Current Spline Mesh” to set replicated to true, but this doesn´t help.

Now i´m really annoyed and confused about this and hope there is some one on the planet who can help me out.

Here is a screen of what i´m already able to build with my network based buildsystem:

67859-haus1.png

Bye

Is no one working with Splines at runtime and could help me?

did you every find a solution to this? I’m having the same problem :frowning:

Hey, I just ran into this bug in 4.19. Adding the component in BP with a node, set to replicate ( bath actor and component). The client won’t render, but will receive collision.

I guess the workaround is to use RPCs to generate the spline on both server and client by feeding them the same parameters.

OK. What is going on!? I use RPCs call to tell the PlayerController to add SplineMeshComponents to an actor and it still doesn’t render on both sessions. like above, collision is working, but the mesh is invisible on the client.

Neither the components nor the actor the components are added to are set to replicate. Why is this happening?

Hey, that is so sad that EPIC doesn´t care about such bugs. Maybe we must send a bugreport to them.
I can´t say some news to this because i never tried it anyway. We removed the fences from our buildsystem and focused on other cool stuff to implement yet.