Spline mesh component does not collide

Hi Guys,

I am working on a game based on the Rolling template. It is an infinite rolling game in which the player should keep the ball on the track. The tiles over which the ball rolls are spawned with the SpawnActor node. Every tile has a different setup of obstacles (static meshes). I am trying to use a spline mesh in one of the tiles and whatever I try, the ball never collides with the spline mesh. I am using a spline in my script, in the construction script I am adding spline mesh components via the add spline mesh component node. In my viewport I can see that the spline mesh looks as expected but my ball never collides with the spline mesh. I have searched the forums and I found this issue:

That is basically the problem I am having. The ball has Simulate Physics on so it seems like I am having the issue described above. In the answer in the posting Matthew confirms that this was fixed in 4.8. He also suggests that using custom collisions might solve the issue.

I have tried fiddling around with the collision on the mesh but whatever I do, I can’t get the ball to collide. Does anybody have a clue how I can make the ball collide with the spline mesh component ?

Thanks a lot,

Ron