Spherical Landscape : [Planet creation]

Hi,
I am looking for to make a planet with LOD by components like a landscape. I want to modify heightmap in editor with brush.

I am looking for a method to have a spherical landscape ?

Thank you for your help !

Hi martoof,

We do not have the capability to create spherical landscapes in UE4, and unfortunately it probably will not make it into the Engine as a native capability. However, it may be worth exploring creating a plugin to add this functionality to the Engine.

Thank you ,

I will try to do that !

I leave feedback later =)

Hello Martoof, I’m curious to know if you find a way to get it, I actually search a tools or something to do this (fade polygon of my sphere like a landscape). If you have an answer please contact me with skype (consomer.yourself2) or by email (qwertye656@hotmail.com). If you read this and send a mail, please tell me here because I don’t specially look my mail. Thanks a lot and have a good day!

You could create a spherical mesh in blender/ Zbrush and then model that by sculpting that mesh. This also carries the advantage of allowing you to sculpt caves and overhangs into the mesh. After doing this you could paint the textures on and then export to UE4 via an FBX. The main downside with this however is that putting in LOD could be rather complicated.
Idk if that helps but it could be a simpler way of achieving the spherical landscape effect
Feel free to ask if you’ve any questions.

For LOD you could divide the planet into sections in blender and load each as a separate mesh.

Hi Xosh project,

To develop our own plug, we use a similar method like this one.

Good luck !!

Same This : https://twitter.com/benjacllbt/status/1374865457866547205 :stuck_out_tongue: