Spellbound Graveyard

Spellbound Graveyard - Creep It Real:

Spellbound Graveyard

Student Submission: Yes

Credits to sourced content:

Cover Image:

Screenshots in editor:

• Description:
    I felt this would be the perfect use for the cathedral that I modelled over the summer, as previously it had not been used in any projects, and it fit perfectly in the background here combined with assets I sourced from Megascans and the Unreal marketplace. I hope you like it!
  • Engine version: 5.0
3 Likes

Greetings @RoseaMarie1 !

Welcome to the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Thank you for participating in the Creep It Real challenge!

Your opening shot is beautiful, showcasing the cathedral dimly illuminated by the moonlight. The stars are shining brightly, while the amber glow of the gas lamps provides an air of warmth in the cool autumn night.

I’m not sure the intention of the one who lit the candle beneath the jack-o-lantern reaper, but that person may be saddened to learn that a stronger force interrupted what they were trying to manifest. :wink:

Was the cathedral the main source of inspiration for your project? What was the inspiration behind the jack-o-lantern reaper?

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.

The initial idea I had for this was the graveyard overall, but I had a classmate suggest that I could use the cathedral which I had modelled and textured over the summer, as it would fit thematically, so I added it in while blocking out my map in the early stages.

The jack-o-lantern reaper came from the fact that all of the megascans statues I found were headless, with seperate head assets. Originally I had it headless, but when I added the jack-o-lanterns, I felt it was more ominous that not only was the statue missing it’s head, someone had also gone out of their way to place the pumpkin there for an unknown reason, so I decided to test it out and liked it so I kept it.

1 Like