Download

Spell Array with BP empty

Hello community.

I am trying to create 2 lists with spells that each respective player can pick from. For this I have created a base BP called SpellBaseC with 3 variables, Name,Cooldown and Texture2D.
Then I have created 2 spells called “projectile” and “tree” that inherit from SpellBaseC.
I have a Widget with 2 scroll boxes
173bb2dbbaf4e0637fff201a3017123b155dfb17.jpeg
When the widget is constructed a macro is called to populate the list with a number of “Widget-buttons” by using an array. d12daf153ea5e0bf06c24451f4484d771b9bc40e.jpeg
Then I want the widgets that were added to contain the name and the Image(Texture2D) of each individual spell by binding functions to a text and a slate brush and getting the variables from their respective BP’s. What happens is that usually when I play this is that the list gets populated with the 2 test objects but as you can see in the top left corner the print string shows it doesn’t get the name variable from either BP instance. 33aeec43a5155681eddf7eb356ac5a5884f06425.jpeg

I figured that maybe the variables in the Widget doesnt have the right references to “Projectile and Tree” BP’s so I attempted to set a reference through calling a custom event in myGameInstance.

AddRef.jpg

That didnt seem to help as nothing changes and Im running out of ideas to try(i tried couple of things before this and it didnt change).
I am not exactly sure where the problem lies and i cannot be more specific than this at this point. I hope i will be able to pin point it with your help. Also sorry for the swarm of screenshots.