Speleothem cave setting

Hi there @DatMadMax !

Thank you! That actually helps me out a lot because I didn’t know that Adobe had a 3d asset community! Feels like a no brainer but I guess it just slipped by, haha.

Do you pay for the assets individually or is it part of an Adobe subscription?

Week 8 Update!

The cave has gone through some initial optimization to allow the gameplay tests to run at a higher FPS. Currently the FPS switches in between +60 - 30, depending on the camera angle and position of the player inside the cave. Further optimization is underway!

The cave has received it’s second, improved textures. Further work is being undertaken to fix small details!

The speleothem rocks have received their initial texturing. More formations are to be added soon!

Some models have been slightly altered to reduce their polycount and others have slightly altered UVs!

1 Like

Hey @The_M0ss_Man !

Thank you for asking! I believe they are part of one’s Adobe subscription, as the ones I have gotten from the site have been completely free! There are other sites where there are also purchasable versions of textures/alphas/materials for Substance 3D Painter, their price can vary.

1 Like

Week 9 Update!

Optimization and further reduction of the polycount has been going on behind the scenes to stabilize FPS, improvements are to be made.

First steps into converting the cave’s textures into more detailed ones using Vertex painting is underway!

Week 10 Update!

Tileable texturing has been applied to the cave in Maya while work on the Vertex painting material continues. While it looks very detailed up close, due to the lack of Normal map it looks a little stale, but optimization is progressing smoothly!

New player model has been implemented to the project!

Week 11 Update!

Tileable texturing has now been succesfully applied and completed, now having a proper Normal map!

Some files have been simplified and final optimizations are underway! The project is nearing completion!

Updated the project reference sheet!

Week 12 Update!

The speleothem rock formations have finally received their much needed expansion, there are now a huge number of them scattered around the cave. The rocks now also use tileable texturing to improve their quality!

Water has been completely reworked! It is now fully animated and realistically semi-transparent, with the lighting and colouring realistically changing with the viewing angle!

Screenshots and cinematic shots have been rendered in 4K quality!

Lighting has undergone a slight rework, most lights are now slightly less intense and don’t extend as far as previously!

Every individual prop has now been converted to enable Nanite form!