Spawning in the sky when the game starts despite having spawn pads

Hello, I have 2 sets of spawn pads in my island. 1 set for pre game lobby and the other one is for the actual island. I put the set 1 to be active in “Pre-game” only and put set 2 to be active “always” in my island. Even though when I enter the island I spawn in the Set 1 spawn pads, when the game starts I spawn in the sky instead of spawning in set 2 which is always active… What am I doing wrong?

Note: Spawning in the sky most of the time… But, I do sometimes spawn in the set 2 pads like I was supposed to!
And I do have a barrier in my pre-game lobby… Is that the reason?

There may be a better way to do this lately, but I got results from setting the pregame pads set to active during phase always, island start and with priority group 2.
game pad set to active always with priority group 1.

For some reason this works better than set to pregame active during pregame.

2 Likes

I will try that

Also, did you look at the Island Settings: “Spawn Location” and “Spawn Pad Selection”?

This is what I set. Is this setting causing the trouble?

Those settings are good, the priority group should have sorted out the issue,

Yeah, the Barrier Device would be a problem if the spawnpads are inside it and its solid,
they would be OK if they are inside a hollow box mesh, or inside a bunch of barrier walls.

The other causes I know of for skyspawning are spawnpad team/class settings not matching the player,
and not enough spawnpads, 1 pregame and 1 game per player.

It is a hollow box barrier and there are enough pre game and island spawn pads for all the players. I just found a workaround for this issue by adding a mutator zone that will teleport the players who spawn in pre game area or the sky when the game starts.

1 Like

Great to hear you have a workaround,
Apologies for my annoying curiosity, but I want to understand devices more and why this is happening, I’m still not 100% satisfied with my use of them either.
Are you using any teams or class settings ?
Are you testing in a launched session or an uploaded version ?
As far as I know launched sessions don’t do pregame phases properly and private uploads are needed to properly test pregame to game spawning.

1 Like

I put the teams and class settings on the pad to “any”.

I tested in both launched session and uploaded version. First I thought this was only happening in launched session and thought It wasn’t a big deal. Then, when I published the map, It was still happening.

Even I’m curious as to why this is happening. I’m so confused…

1 Like

I’m also having problems where players spawn in the sky instead of the spawn pads. I followed your advice regarding priority and spawn pads are set to active always which resolved my issue. The thing is my map would require 20 people and I have 40 spawn pads to make sure there are enough for each player (20 pregame and 20 gameplay). I was just wondering if this method of yours had any issues down the line. Thank you so much!