Spawn AI away from Actor

Hello, this is my first time using the Answerhub so first off I’ll start by saying thank you for a platform and people like you helping others.

I’m trying to figure out away to spawn my AI in a random positions from a radius of the target point but prevent it from spawning in front of the actor. I have the random spawn down but sometimes it spawns my AI (creatures) right in front of me. I attached a screenshot of how I have the spawning blueprint and was wondering if anyone would be able to help.

I’m still new to unreal so pictures work the best for me! Thanks everyone!

The easiest way to do this i can think of is to move the point you are checking behind your character by an amount equal to the radius of the Random Point check.

So instead of checking a circle around your character, you are checking a circle behind your character.

If you need help with the math you would get the forward vector of the camera, multiply it by negative radius, then add that to the character position.

I think you’re right, and I bet that would totally work. Do you think you would be able to take a screenshot of how I should set it up? I am a very visual person and I would much appreciate it. Also while doing that, is there any way to keep them inside the nesh bound area?

For finding locations about an actor, that are not in front of it, I suggest using EQS :slight_smile:

Cheers,

–mieszko