Spawn Actor From Object (UE5.1)

Hello,

I see here that there is a function “Spawn Actor From Object” (Instead of class)

But in my Editor I can’t find that function…

I find that strange that it’s not there.

I don’t want to create a new object during the spawn, but use an existing object and spawn it…

Do you know if there is a trick to have the same result with the “Spawn actor from class”?
Or how i can see that function?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You need to be in an editor utility widget ( or actor ).

It’s probably not what you want. I’m assuming, that when you say you want to use an object as a reference, you mean an object in the level? Then you still need ‘spawn actor from class’.

The object referred to here is the base class ‘object’ that is part of the engine class hierarchy.

1 Like

I have create an object in a blueprint (game mode)

In that game mode i have my list of existing actor that i can spawn.

If i use the “spawn actor from class”, I guess it will create a new instance of the actor.

I do that to be able to custom my actor before the launch of the game mode.

GameMode[Menu] I set all parameters of an actors.

I send my actor to the GameMode[Game] and i want the game mode to spawn that character.

Is it possible that the “owner” input is there for that?

Or maybe it’s not the good approach to achieve what i’m trying to do?

Description looks like it’s that

But not sure

Is there a specific reason why you want to set the owner? I’ve only ever used this once.

I want to be sure that the “Vehicle 02” is the one spawn.

Because i can for exemple change the skin of the “Vehicle 02” and spawn all change into the game. But only if i can spawn my Vehicle 02

Owner has no effect on that.

You have the class of the vehicle, which is the shape ( mostly ), but also the matierial(s), which is the ‘skin’, if you like…

1 Like

Ok, i will create the object to spawn.

Get the reference to the object as output.

And then update the data of the created object.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

In the blueprint of the object, all the variables can be set to ‘expose on spawn’. When you do this, they all appear in the spawn call, and you can set them at spawn time.

1 Like

Thanks!! Amazing!!

1 Like