I’d like to share an early preview of my upcoming On-Rails Space Shooter template to gauge interest and get some feedback.
This will be my first Marketplace submissions so please let me know what I can do to make this the best template possible
The template is being built with usability and efficiency in mind. My goal is to provide you with everything you need to quickly, and easily build your on-rails space shooter.
List of features planned for initial release:
Modes of Play:
- On-Rails mode - Player follows predefined “tracks” along the scene with the ability to switch tracks easily
- Free-Range Mode - 6 DOF free mode. Go anywhere, or limit the player to a specified area with easy-to-use bounds.
- Boost and Break - Player can boost or break in both modes to avoid obstacles
- Roll (and hold) - to the left or right to pass through tight spaces
- Barrel Roll - with a double tab of the button in either direction. (Yes I know its actually called Aileron roll, but Barrel Roll sounds better lol)
- Sommersault - Do a full 360 degree turn to lose chasing enemies
- "U-Turn" - to quickly go in the opposite direction
- Primary Weapon: Shoot a laser on each button press or charge your shot for a powerful homing attack
- Secondary Weapon [Planned]: Pick up secondary weapons
- Regenerating Shield (optional)
- Shield energy
- Secondary weapon
- Basic laser
- Basic fireball
- Homing Charge Shot
- 5 types of damage implemented: Crash, Light, Heavy, Shield Break, Instant Death
- **Destructible debris **- configure mesh, number of hits to destroy, impulse per shot, rotation, and movement
- Simple Obstacle - configure mesh, movement, and rotation quickly
- Simple Door - opens on proximity
- Stationary Turret - Easily configure the HP, range, fire rate, and type of projectile they can shoot (normal or homing)
- Flying Enemy [WIP] - Many Idle and Combat behaviors planned to allow for easy AI customization on each mode
- Ground Enemies [Planned] - Planning to make a simple tank enemy that moves around the ground and shoots at the player
- Stationary / Mobile bosses [Planned] - Two example bosses - one in Track Mode and one in Free Mode.
- Easy to use Message BP that allows you to show instructions to the player (seen in the video as a training message)
- Easy to use Local widget BP that can be used to show something to the Player in the world
- “Level Phase” widget to keep progress
- Main Menu [Planned]
- Checkpoint and auto save system [Planned]
- Spawn-Manager [Planned]
- Basic low poly meshes (debris, obstacles, buildings) to get you started
- Basic materials
- Basic particles
- Sample textures
This is very much a WIP so things can change before release and Im constantly adding things as I get new ideas. What do you guys think? Is this something you would be willing to buy from the Marketplace?
Thanks for the feedback!