Source control - can't submit or checkout (Perforce)

Hi,

I have some strange issue.
For a few days I trying to setup Source control using Perforce.

With my collegue we have 3 machines, connected via LAN: 1 server, 2 workstations.

1. I coppied Unreal project (it’s small, minimum changes) on server HDD in shared folder.
  2. Using documentation from Perforce I launched P4 server on server machine. Created accounts and it seems to work.
  3. Using documentation from Epic I created Depot and Workspace. And added there Unreal project.

285580-a1.jpg

1. In editor for me and my collegue everything seems allright. Source control panel shows that we connected. But when we trying to submit to source control, editor gives me message: “Editor errors: Failed checking source control status!”

1. Plus there is no button “Check out” in “Source control actions”. And no “Status icons” over objects in Content browser.

When we works together with my collegue in one project, it looks like we just opened project from one shared folder, without source control functionality.
I presume I making something fundamentaly wrong. I never worked with source control earlier, so it’s hard for looking answers.

There is some Log files, if its useful. [link text][4][link text][5]

Thanks in advance.
Sinserely, Nick.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am currently running into this issue and there is literally nothing online that shows how to fix this.

Just ran into this, I too was concerned that the entire internet has about 2 posts on this issue.

For anyone that’s interested I read on the Unreal Slackers discord that this error can be caused by unreal and perforce using alternate routes, which was indeed the problem in my case.

I was originally using User/Documents/…/Project
But when I set up perforce by default it created its own project workspace at User/Perforce/Project

Using the Uproject and SLN files in the directory Perforce set up for the workspace instead of the original files resolved my issues.

For me, the project was resubmitted, and it cleared my workspace, so I just had to recreate it.

1 Like

After looking at a bunch of forum posts about this, your solution hit the nail on the head.

Re-inputting the “Workspace” field in the Revision Control Login ended up solving the issue.