Source Build problem on UE5

HI, i’ m trying to build the engine from the source several time but always end up[ on compilation error. I did follow the readme, launched the setup.bat and the generatescript aswell. I did try to clean the repo and try again but always endup with those errors:

|Error|C1083|Cannot open source file: ‘…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorMeanVarianceNormalization.cpp’: No such file or directory|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx|1||
|Error|C2036|‘const FWorldPartitionStreamingQuerySource *’: unknown size|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h|2712||
|Error|C1083|Cannot open source file: ‘…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorDynamicQuantizeLinear.cpp’: No such file or directory|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx|1||
|Error|C1083|Cannot open source file: ‘…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorRecurrentNeuralNetwork.cpp’: No such file or directory|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx|1||
|Error|C1083|Cannot open source file: ‘…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorInstanceNormalization.cpp’: No such file or directory|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx|1||
|Error|C1083|Cannot open source file: ‘…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorLocalResponseNormalization.cpp’: No such file or directory|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\c1xx|1||
|Error|C2027|use of undefined type ‘Metasound::Editor::FGraphBuilder’|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Metasound\Source\MetasoundEditor\Private\MetasoundNodeDetailCustomization.h|318||
|Error|C3861|‘GetEditorForGraph’: identifier not found|UE5|C:\Users\Quentin\Documents\Project\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Metasound\Source\MetasoundEditor\Private\MetasoundNodeDetailCustomization.h|318||
|Warning|C4191|‘type cast’: unsafe conversion from ‘FARPROC’ to ‘PFN_HidP_GetVersionInternal’|UE5|C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\include\10.0.22000.0\shared\hidpi.h|2062||
|Warning|C4191|‘type cast’: unsafe conversion from ‘FARPROC’ to ‘PFN_HidP_GetVersionInternal’|UE5|C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\include\10.0.22000.0\shared\hidpi.h|2062||
|Error|MSB3073|The command …..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target=UnrealEditor Win64 Development -Target=ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild exited with code 6.|UE5|C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets|44||

Do I miss something?

Some error for me. Wait developers fixing this bug

@Kanthuns, @Andrea_92

I fixed this error by moving the Git repo from the default location under the user home folder to a new root folder with a much shorter name and the error disappeared.

In my case, it was because the file path was too long for these files, specifically “…\Plugins\Experimental\NeuralNetworkInference\Source\ThirdParty\ONNXRuntime_2021_11_30\Private_DML\Windows\core\providers\dml\DmlExecutionProvider\src\Operators\DmlOperatorMeanVarianceNormalization.cpp”

2 Likes

Much more better, moving the directory to the root reduced the nummber of errors to 3.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C3861 ‘GetEditorForGraph’: identifier not found UE5 C:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Metasound\Source\MetasoundEditor\Private\MetasoundNodeDetailCustomization.h 318
Error C2036 ‘const FWorldPartitionStreamingQuerySource *’: unknown size UE5 C:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h 2712
Error C2027 use of undefined type ‘Metasound::Editor::FGraphBuilder’ UE5 C:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Metasound\Source\MetasoundEditor\Private\MetasoundNodeDetailCustomization.h 318

I succeed by using the test branch (ue5-release-engine-test) and the staging one.
I’m not trying anymore the other ue5 branches.