Sound occlusion doesn't work properly in my project

Hey, I opened my project recently and noticed that audio occlusion doesn’t work properly in my project. If I enable it, the sounds are muffled even though there isn’t anything in between. This seems to occur regardless of the sound. I’m using MetaSounds but even though I try using sound cues, the problem is still there.

I’ve tried deleting my intermediate and saved folders but that didn’t seem to do anything. The problem also occurs in a packaged build. This doesn’t seem to be version dependant either because I switched from 5.1 to 5.2 thinking that it might fix the issue but it didn’t.

If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know. Thanks!

Oh nevermind I found the reason. I set my capsule component to block traces in the visibility channel but when that is enabled, it blocks the sound as well so the sound couldn’t pass through the capsule component and that’s why the sounds were muffled. I fixed it by setting the trace response to overlap instead of block.

1 Like

Cheers, I have also a problem with occlusion in metasounds. I have an actor with some meshes in it and the occlusion doesn’t want to interact with these meshes. If I put absolutely the same meshes as a static mesh in the world, it works properly, but not inside the actor. The actor is movable. Any ideas why?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.