Ironbelly Studios are looking for a highly motivated freelance audio artist to join their audio department as a Sound Designer. This role requires a successful candidate to work closely with other departments, so great communication and collaboration skills are essential along with an ability to self manage and work remotely delivering high quality audio support for a range of projects in unreal engine and unity.
[FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Job Description
[FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Working remotely, a sound designer will carry out the following duties.
- Support, follow and deliver on the audio direction set out by the Lead Audio Designer and Producers to provide a first class sound experience on all projects undertaken by the studio.
- Music and sound effects production using various techniques such as synthesis, sampling, location/studio effects recording, manipulating and compiling in-house and commercial raw materials.
- Audio asset implementation from source, middleware to engine
- Support designers, animators, programmers and other departments involved in a projects [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]development.
- Expert knowledge in next generation game engines. Unreal Engine and Unity are essential.
- Experience of using Wwise in an Unreal pipeline.
- Able to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude, openness to critique.
- Knowledge of modern DAWs and digital audio editing software
- Organised and methodical approach to work & problem solving.
- [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Experience with track laying, audio editing, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics, preferably in Pro Tools.
- Ability to design and implement innovative audio systems
- Good technical audio theory
- Experience in microphone techniques and field recording
- [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]In-Depth knowledge of PC and game console technologies with a good understanding of how sound works in games and the ability to explain it to people who don’t
- [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]1 year of professional audio experience in game development and/or film production.
- Knowledge of MaxMSP
- Knowledge of Native Instruments technologies. Reaktor and Kontakt programming, etc.
- [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Experience with Perforce and Plastic SCM
- [FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Knowledge of 3D object based surround sound formats, such as Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics
- Knowledge of Binaural Encoding Techniques
[FONT=Montserrat, sans-serif]Please send your CV with a link to your best work, this should be no more than 1-2 mins of linear footage, game material or other with a description of what you did on the individual piece(s) of work and what your overall contribution was to those projects to firstname.lastname@example.org