Sound Cues or Sound Waves assigned to a specific Sound Class not audible

Hi guys,

My colleague has a very strange issue relating to Sound Classes. The setup:

We have a set of sounds assigned to an Effects Sound Class, which is a child of our Master sound class, we also have a Speech and Music sound class. By default, we have no Sound Mixes or Volume Adjustments set for any of our sound classes. (IE: they all default to 1.0 volume).

On my PC, when sounds assigned to Effects class are played in Editor, they play (and sound) fine. However, on my colleague’s PC, when these sounds are played in any way other than opening the Sound Wave and pressing play, they don’t work at all. This affects actual gameplay, sounds cued using Anim Notifys in Persona, Ambient Sound Actors in the game level (when nearby in the level editor). You name it, it doesn’t work.

Assigning these Sound Wave / Cues to any other of our Sound Classes resolves the issue. So I’m wondering, short of creating a new “General Effects” sound class and replacing all references to the old one, is there any known way to debug what happened?

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks