Sometimes GetHitResultUnderCursor returns 0,0,0 on a sculpted landscape.

Sometimes GetHitResultUnderCursor returns 0,0,0 on a sculpted landscape. I noticed that it only seems to return 0,0,0 when I left click on a very flat surface of the terrain.

I eliminated all my code and tested at the most rudimentary level.

I can send Unreal developers my project OR try this. Make a new terrain, sculpt it, then make a lot of flat surfaces. Now go to those flat surfaces and output (print string) your mouse clicks on the landscape. Eventually you should see 0,0,0.

Hi ,

This is a known issue with landscapes. It should register more clearly if you sculpt the landscape tile you are moving your mouse cursor over.

[= ;419533]
Hi ,

This is a known issue with landscapes. It should register more clearly if you sculpt the landscape tile you are moving your mouse cursor over.
[/]

My game rules require flat surface at z 100cm and 612cm. Can you recommend any other solutions? I wonder if I should not be using landscape and just use a floor (box) instead. Then just use landscapes to surround the area.

I’m new to game development, any advice would be great!

If you trace using a sphere trace instead of a line trace fixes the issue. I am quite sure you can get the result you need with a trace.

[=;419768]
If you trace using a sphere trace instead of a line trace fixes the issue. I am quite sure you can get the result you need with a trace.
[/]

Excellent, I’ll do that, thank you!