someone stole my work and claiming it as there own and selling it

I am making a game in Unreal engine 4 and am using a paid store asset along with ALS V4 and I have merged 2 assets together. I am a part of a dev discord group and asked for help on my project and sent a copy to someone to help which they did. But they also took my project and claimed it as there own work and is giving access to it via there patron all with out my knowledge and consent. I hope this is a clear enough explanation of the matter. I am happy to provide proof on the matter if needed

thank you for getting back to me. I have screen shots of the chats that prove I sent the project to the person in question. He has also admitted it to me but tried making out it was meant to be a surprise that he was selling it and all he has made was for me.

If that is true, get something in writing (like a contract) asap. Use clear and concise language (so it cannot be distorted if this gets taken further). Make sure you include information regarding royalties for your work and admitted credit for your work.

Hi driftingcloudYT

I am not a legal expert, but I doubt Epic can help here. Unreal Engine is just a tool and bears no responsibility for the content that is produced (providing the content in accordance with their policies and licensing).

Depending on the laws of your country, you will probably need to start a civil suit against those using your work. You will need solid proof that you were the one who created the work and proof of the terms and conditions specified when you handed over your work.

Even on a corporate level, proving someone has stolen your work is extremely challenging, I would seek local, legal advice asap.

I wish you the best of luck.

Alex

Well I would look into KRAFTON.INC and BULEHOLE it’s obvious Players Unknown Battlegrounds did not originally belong to them…