Some Skeletal Mesh Animations Won't Play Until Mesh Is Visible.

Hello, I’m having a problem with the skeletal mesh animations and I don’t really know what to do. You see, when I’m playing the game some animations will play normally and some of them will only play when I can see the mesh/when I look down.All animations are playing trought an anim blueprint so I don’t know what the problem might be.I should also mention that the chest moves (rotates) along with the camera. If anyone knows how to fix the problem it would be great if you can tell me.

Edit: Even when the mesh is invisible all the animations will play but some of them won’t when I’m looking up.

If it is a SkeletalMeshComponent inside a blueprint then you can look at “Optimization” and “Visibility Based Anim Tick Option” in the Details tab and change the settings to “Always Tick Pose and Refresh Bones”. If it is enabled already then your best chance would be to try to reproduce the behaviour inside the AnimBP preview watching the exec paths in AnimGraph and Statemachine(s). Sometimes you think that he should take a transition rule but the variable never gets set or similar.

2 Likes

I arleady did that, and I checked the anim blueprint too, nothing worked.

check youtube for ‘3rd person to 1st person’ camera… there are a couple of settings you have to change to get the camera and char rotating the way you want… i just do films for now so its been a long time and i don’t remember off the top of my head… the char should do its anims regardless soooo, activate?.. hmmm… sorry i can’t help more