Some serious questions about UDK and UE4 from a desperate noob.

[=Pedrobraum;28634]
Thanks i appreciate that, i have one last question:
does anyone know some sites of Models/Materials for UE4? i would appreciate if anyone give me some links :smiley:
[/]

ah well i bug my uncle for some cash and bought some unity pack which i using to make my little play level :stuck_out_tongue:

[=wizzkidsan;28677]
ah well i bug my uncle for some cash and bought some unity pack which i using to make my little play level :stuck_out_tongue:
[/]

How much did you pay for the pack? also what types of meshes/materials come?
if it is expensive i can’t afford right now because i’m paying for some classes of UDK and Drawing, but if it is not expensive i will be very interested in the pack :smiley:

[=Pedrobraum;28717]
How much did you pay for the pack? also what types of meshes/materials come?
if it is expensive i can’t afford right now because i’m paying for some classes of UDK and Drawing, but if it is not expensive i will be very interested in the pack :smiley:
[/]

ah i bought runner bot for 15 and a sci fi level for 50. so 65 bucks total,

https://www.assetstore.unity3d/#/content/13610
https://www.assetstore.unity3d/#/content/4744

if you see an affordable back you like you can buy it other than that you might want to play with the content packs epic release, there is alot of stuff in them, working on taking out they doors, and computers to add to my level :stuck_out_tongue: as all i bought was a hallway set not need to fill the rooms. So i trying to get the extra assets from the content pack to fit into my level,

honestly i was a little hasty when i bought the packs i never needed to get them at all the content epic provide was enough for me to rearrange into my own game but excitement got the better of me.

I think I was around 15 when I first started using 3d studioR4 for DOS, tools have gotten so much easier to use since then.

One word of caution, if you plan to be a serious artist, then be-careful not to get caught up too much in “asset stores”. It can feel like a time saver to just buy artwork but at the same time you might be sabotaging the development of your own skills. There’s plenty of free resources out there.

If you ever decide to learn Zbrush I’d recommend Kingslien’s intro tutorial, which is currently free on UArtsy On-Demand Workshops, he focuses more on character art and anatomy though. Hourences’ UE4 tutorials are great.

Good luck.

what epic offer with the u4 package has no match in terms of the tech itself and the knowledge available to learn, its in my opinion the best choice to take…look at idtech 5 in contrast…it has a closed development licence limited to zenimax which has stopped even experienced modders wanting to create content and almost no tutorials available…once i saw u4 in action i swapped straight over, the creativity that tool inspires in people is a great thing

[=Xodroc;28786]
I think I was around 15 when I first started using 3d studioR4 for DOS, tools have gotten so much easier to use since then.

One word of caution, if you plan to be a serious artist, then be-careful not to get caught up too much in “asset stores”. It can feel like a time saver to just buy artwork but at the same time you might be sabotaging the development of your own skills. There’s plenty of free resources out there.

If you ever decide to learn Zbrush I’d recommend Kingslien’s intro tutorial, which is currently free on UArtsy On-Demand Workshops, he focuses more on character art and anatomy though. Hourences’ UE4 tutorials are great.

Good luck.
[/]

I not trying to be a modeler, i got zero talents they or no talent with any modeling software what so ever lol i am the perfect example that unreal 4 is dummy ready :P. dummy is slowly becoming a novice then i go learn some other stuff, I have a big plan to have my own game studio so just learn skills one by one as i go alone.

My next project will be using custom asset made by a few people who help me in the past, and i hope by the end of the year i have build a good knowledge in level designing and blueprints, then for next year might tackle modeling or rigging and animation.

and i trying to **** together some cash to get Hourences’ UE4 tutorials. Those are must get for me to get close to my dream :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you guys for answering out my questions, community is , but i’m afraid that i don’t have any questions for now, so THANKS and Stay people :smiley:

[=Pedrobraum;35589]
Thank you guys for answering out my questions, community is , but i’m afraid that i don’t have any questions for now, so THANKS and Stay people :smiley:
[/]

If you can afford it these tutorials is also a amazing start once you finish the ones on unreal youtube.
://www.hourences/videos-index/

i looking to buy the level design one probably next week or the other one.