Some questions about DinoSpawnEntries

In a Dino Spawn Entry there are 2 sections, NPCSpawn Entries and NPCSpawn Limits.

I assume the Entry Weight for a Spawn entry determines how likely that dino is to spawn, simple I guess.

I am not sure how the spawn limits work,

NPCCLAss is obvious, not sure why there is also an “NPCCLass String” field?

MAx Percentage of Desired Num to Allow seems obvious, but where is the Desired Number set?

Finally there is a Max Num of Enemies Multiplier field for the whole NPCSpawn Limits section. What does this do?

Thanks,

AFAIK NPCCLass String" isn’t used for anything.
Desired min and max is set in the NPCZoneManager actor placed in the map. (“Min Desired Number of NPC” and “Max Desired Number of NPC.”)
Every Spawn NPCZoneVolume and NPCSpawnVolume has a associated NPCZoneManager placed in the map, with all three needed for each spawn so if it’s the max spawn number your trying to change you need to change the numbers in the NPCZoneManager. The spawn entry you want to use for each set is selected in the NPCZoneManager.

Note that TheIsland has something around 50? “sets” of these spawners.

Thanks, so I can treat that as a percentage of the dinos to spawn in that spawn zone, that makes sense. I had some fear it might be a percentage for the whole map.

Thanks, so I can treat that as a percentage of the dinos to spawn in that spawn zone, that makes sense. I had some fear it might be a percentage for the whole map.