Some problems with hot reload

I’ve been working on a simple shooter with C++ using Unreal Engine 4.5.1. One of the great new features in 4.5 is hot reloading on the fly for any C++ changes.
I love how I can work in C++ now without restarting the editor. It is a huge time saver to keep the editor open while working on my project, and I love seeing my changes take effect almost instantly each time I compile. However there seems to be a few problems with it. I can’t determine what exactly causes it, but there have been multiple occasions where I thought I had a bug in my code, but it turned out that restarting the editor fixed everything and my bug was not actually a bug after all. It’s like the hot reload just stops working for no apparent reason. So while the C++ workflow is a lot better than before, I still can’t work without restarting the editor once in a while. Is this a known problem or is there a certain limitation that I’m not aware of?

Hi TickleForce,

Can you post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com so we can better assist you? Thank you!

I thought that this was better suited for the forums because I don’t have a reproducible problem to report. However, I’ll post this on the answer hub if that’s where it belongs. Thanks!