[Solved] Strange issue with "NOT" boolean note working incorrectly

Hi all,

I’m running into a really weird issue suddenly where the “NOT” boolean node isn’t working correctly. I am executing a multicast function that checks the boolean “Crouch Pressed” connected to “Not”, to determine if the player should jump or stand up. So now the issue: if I debug and watch the Crouch Pressed boolean from my client, it is False and the Not node is true (good). If I crouch, the crouch pressed boolean is true, but the Not node is still true, and causes my branch to output the wrong result. Does anyone know what’s going on here? I am on 4.22.3

Where in your code is the node for CrouchedPressed bool being changed? It could be in a place where it is not getting the chance to run properly.

Hi, CrouchPressed is just updated when the crouch button is pressed. It is running because when I debug and watch the CrouchPressed boolean, it updates. It is the result of the “Not boolean” node that isn’t updating to reflect the opposite of CrouchPressed. I’ve included a screenshot below to show what I mean.

When CrouchPressed is True, the NOT node shows false, which is correct. But when CrouchPressed shows false, the NOT node still shows false.

I’m not sure whats going on with that.Try using a “Not Equal” node instead and see if that works.

I actually did try that, I just tried it again and get the same result. It’s so bizarre. The client is properly seeing the CrouchPressed boolean update when the server crouches and uncrouches, but the not/not equal boolean is stuck on True no matter what.

WOW. Guess what? Making my multicast function reliable fixed it. This is the first time I see something like this. It was very consistently not working properly without reliable checked, and I can even replicate it now if I uncheck it again. If anyone at Epic reads this: would this be considered a bug? It seems very odd that the client is getting the proper value of the actual boolean but the NOT node connected to it is wrong.

Glad you got it working. Consider using the Bug reporting process for this, It might be a faster way to get the information to the people who need it.

Link : Report a Bug - Unreal Engine