[Solved] Steam Crashing Packaged Games, Including ShooterGame Beta5. Only Packaged Shootergame works with 480

As for the crash, try to find the steam_api.dll and steam_api64.dll in your rocket distribution and make sure they are in the engine binaries directory of your packaged game.

Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Steamworks/Steamv126/Win32/steam_api.dll
Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Steamworks/Steamv126/Win64/steam_api64.dll

Depending on your platform (32/64). This should be fixed in the next build, and provide more robust handling for failures (ie it won’t crash but it also won’t be able to load Steam)

#Most Recent Post

okay thanks Josh!

Rama

actually I just checked and those binaries are present, created by the packaging process itself

#123a not 126

though it is 123a not 126 :slight_smile:

trying renaming the dir to include 126 and see. This should be fixed already, but I’m not sure the exact date of the build relative to the upgrade from 1.23a to 1.26

okay thanks! I will do that!

I am testing a non-steam build at moment but I will give you feedback soon as I can.

with the folders named with 123a I was previously able to get steam going and the other actual person was receiving connection requests but the connection was not allowed, I presume because of using 480 app id

#Steam Working but Real Multiplayer Connection Denied With 480

https://rocket.unrealengine.com/questions/11608/steam-testing-packaged-game-multiplayer-cant-conne.html