[Solved-QtCreator]How to use another IDE

So Hey :), kindov a question I should have asked a year ago and I’m surprised not seing around, but:

Visual Studio 'intelli’sens is slow, impracticable for programming UE4.

The alternative of paying 300eu for a special VS plugin that “speeds up intellisens” is outrageous and unacceptable.

So I turned my eyes to Qt and following this tutorial I’m somewhat able to use Qt for UE4 with fast autocompletion and sugestions and all the stuff VS should be capable of doing.
However it relies on a huge list of includepaths such as

INCLUDEPATH += "$$UNREAL_PATH\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes"
        INCLUDEPATH += "$$UNREAL_PATH\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components"
... +140 other includes

Problem is some components are missing. In this case the autocompletion finds UActors, USceneComponent but doesnt find many others such as UPostProcessComponent, even though they are in the same repertory.

IF I #include “PostProcessComponent.h”, the autocompletion works but the compilation fails.
In VS it takes 10s for intellisens to show it, but it works and compiles.

Question is: How can I make this work?

End Question is: How can I have a decent programming environment with UE4?

Thank you :slight_smile:

This one works pretty well. It does everything automaticaly for you =] :

You can always vote up for this, so maybe Epic will add some addon for this.

Thanks a lot!!

I tried it and it works wonders! Just in time with my VisualAssist demo expiration date. Bye bye 400eu/year licence.

I havent tried debuggin/building but the auto-completion works perfectly so far as it seems to find everything UE4 and project related.

Marking as solved and upvoting your post, I too would love to see this happen natively. Although the tool is pretty straight forward to use.

! One thing though, if you have a previous version of Qt installed and install the new one (5.7 as of now), make sure to uninstall the previous as it created a conflict for me.