[solved] Physical Animation not working at all, please help

Hello!
I’ve followed this videofor how to setup physical animations on my custom character. It seems very simple, however my setup is not working. I’ll list some screenshots of my setup!

Important details:

• My character does simulate in the PhAT (Physics Assets Tool) perfectly fine. My animations also work, I have a few running though (run, idle)
  • I have set the capsule component to have a radius of 11.
  • I have set the collision preset to Physics only
  • I have set the collision responses to only block WorldStatic and WorldDynamic. All others are ignored.

Screenshot of my Event Graph

Here is the bone name:
Capture.JPG

Here is a screenshot of the bone just to prove that I do in fact have a bone named pelvis.
Capture.JPG

And when I load into the game the character simply animates as per usual. There are no physics. I did try other bones to be sure and they don’t seem to work.

I figured out what was wrong. When you create a physics asset from a skeletal mesh, unreal engine does not automatically assign the physics asset created from it. So I’ve simply assigned it and it started working.

I’m glad I had this here, it helped me apply new physical animations to another character I was having problems with. I just followed all the steps pointed out in my first two posts and it worked.

This step is very important:
set the collision responses to only block WorldStatic and WorldDynamic. All others are ignored.

If you forget that it will simply not work.

Just add this node and should be working fine “Set Skeletal Mesh Component”