[SOLVED] I can't use my UV texture map in UE5

Hi! I’m so new to Unreal Engine 5. I have some experience in Blender, but I’m still learning them both. So here’s the thing. I made this flask model in Blender and it’s cork. And I baked the texture map in Blender. But when I try to use the texture map in UE5, I get this black, perhaps null spots. No matter what I tried and in what shape I baked, I can’t fix this issue. It’s like my UV unwrapping as a ball shape not in the shape of cork. Please help me on this. It’s the very first topic I’m posting because I can’t find a solution for it.

The UV map is wrong, basically.

It looks ok, but it has to be incorrect, in some way.

Normally, the UVs make it across, no problem.

What does the UV look like in engine? Take a look at channel 0

1 Like

Thank you for answering. It took me a while to find the UV channel really. As I’ve said I’m very beginner in UE. But in case other people may read it; selecting the model and clicking Ctrl E is opening the Static Mesh Editor. There you can find the UV channels. So, it appears the UV of my mesh is looking like this in Unreal Engine. So this makes me think, should I bake the texture in this kinda way? But no matter which UV wrapping I tried in Blender (Smart UV, unwrapping etc.) I didn’t get this UV result. Do you know how can I get this UV unwrap? Maybe in Blender.

Did you set your scale to 1 before mapping?

( In blender, CTRL-A )

1 Like

I selected the All Transform, and also scaled it to 1, and i tried many UV unwrapping options but nothing seems to work. I wonder is there a way i can extract the uv from UE, then maybe use it somehow in Blender to bake the texture and bring it back to UE.

You need to go from Blender to UE, not the other way :slight_smile:

No need to look at the material shader in Blender, it’s irrelevant, it’s just the UVs that matter.

You need to get it so that the sections you’ve unwrapped, correspond to the correct part of the texture when it gets to UE.

So, this part, for instance

needs to be in the same place and size and the texture that is the side or your cork in the material, here

1 Like

I searched on this on the internet and Youtube too. And I found that perhaps I should cut it into section, but i wanted to do it in one shot. Now i see you mentioned the same thing too. But i fixed it this way. I baked the texture once again, and re-exported the mesh, and it worked. The new mesh adapted the new texture and now it is solved. (Cork thing is the new mesh and texture) Thank you so much for all the helps. This was my first topic and it resulted in a success :smiley:
Thank you :sparkling_heart:

Yes, I couldn’t see what was going wrong, actually :slight_smile:

1 Like