[Solved] How to submit Marketplace Content as "Add To Project", not as "Create Project"?

Edit: In the add product page, just select Asset Pack as Distribution Method and you are good to go. Keep in mind you can’t have your Config folder, meaning, any configurations kept in Config folder in ini files will be unavailable i.e. Collision Channels, Input Mappings(unless it is made in BP, which can be done as of 4.17).

Hey, I’ve been trying to find an official method for creating marketplace content which shows up as “Add To Project” instead of “Create Project” in the launcher but there doesn’t seem to be one. There are some small guides for creating BP plugin by some users but I’m not sure if that is what I am looking for and I can barely understand what they are saying to do :(. Do I just need to mention it when submitting and MP team does it themselves OR is it enough to select “Asset Pack” in Add Product page of new shiny seller portal OR is it more complicated?

Having this guide on forums or submission guidelines would be really nice. So, could someone create a comprehensible guide for it, please? I would really appreciate it! :smiley:

If I recall correctly it’s either chosen when submitting, or editing the product in the seller portal.

Then I assume it is selected under “DISTRIBUTION METHOD [Asset pack / Complete Project]” in Add Product page and I don’t need to make any special changes to project. Thanks!

Yep that’s it. =)

There are, however, some things that need to be done in a project to ensure that it can be “Add to Project” instead of “Create New Project”. You can’t have any stuff in the project INI files that is required for it to work - such as input mappings, collision channels, physical materials, etc. Some products just can’t be “Add to Project” sadly.

Yeah, that is unfortunate but hey, we are getting there little by little! Input mappings finally can be edited from BP in 4.17! Found it thanks to this. Why wasn’t this mentioned in 4.17 main features? :\ Lets hope the rest of Config stuff will be added to BP later on!