[SOLVED]Dedicated Server Kicking Player(Connection)[(UNetConnection:Cleanup:Closing open connection]

LogNet: PktLag set to 400

***[2020.06.29-20.28.10:002][440]LogNet: UNetConnection::Cleanup: Closing open connection. [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:51469, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver ***

IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: YES, PC: ControllerPP1_C_1, Owner: ControllerPP1_C_1, UniqueId: NULLESKTOP-FSE8DDS-F2B6C0FA4CC4424E14BFD38A57FE71F1
[2020.06.29-20.28.10:002][440]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:51469, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: YES, PC: ControllerPP1_C_1, Owner: ControllerPP1_C_1, UniqueId: NULLESKTOP-FSE8DDS-F2B6C0FA4CC4424E14BFD38A57FE71F1, Channels: 18, Time: 2020.06.29-20.28.10
[2020.06.29-20.28.10:004][440]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:51469, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: YES, PC: ControllerPP1_C_1, Owner: ControllerPP1_C_1, UniqueId: NULLESKTOP-FSE8DDS-F2B6C0FA4CC4424E14BFD38A57FE71F1

[2020.06.29-20.28.10:005]LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to leave for session (GameSession)

This problem occurs at random times after the character is spawned, all my events are optimized from the client to the server, I don’t use Ticks events from the client to the server unless I have a delay, I use interpolation remotely, can this problem be be of the animation blueprint? Which is causing the server to crash? I’m testing with Lagged server and the client also with a little latency but nothing exaggerated, just for testing, but I see that a single player already loses the connection with the server at the beginning of the game. This was not happening a few days ago, what can this be?

You need to post a full log to get any useful information out of it, you could be being kicked for any number of reasons. If the Server is crashing, that’s the first thing you need to fix.

Ok but i will post on GitHub because the log is too big: https://github.com/moipum16/UNetConn…3fdaa63324bd9f

Go to the end of the code, this is where the problem is realized.

This is strange, another problem is that the file: DefaultEditor.ini of my project is empty, but all my editor settings are normal, this is in all projects, I noticed the engine and tried to create another project but it hasn’t changed in nothing.

In my case only the client is expelled from the server but the other players are still connected.

The log is full of errors and warnings, you will need to systematically work through them all and fix them - otherwise the whole stability is compromised and it’s impossible to know which one specifically causes the issue.

Each gives a description. You are successfully joining, but (I suspect) you are being immediatelly kicked because of an Actor Channel Failure:

LogNet: Server connection received: ActorChannelFailure [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:50759, Name: IpConnection_0, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_0, IsServer: YES, PC: ControllerPP1_C_1, Owner: ControllerPP1_C_1, UniqueId: NULL:DESKTOP-FSE8DDS-52E0E49B487C10DB418345BE91403841

The other warnings that appear are from the animation blueprint with insecure casts but I filtered them all with branches and none is causing excessive hits on the server or infinite loop
I think it’s an internal error, I tried to use another controller blueprint and it hasn’t changed at all, another thing I realized is that the settings I applied to simulate a lagged server are not working, I put bad and then customized it to make it even worse dedicated server but it seems that when I play the server is still configured for: Average, I also used the command NetPkt lag and put it at 400, but it seems that when the latency increases a little the server already restarts the connection for the client, it seems strange, it did not happen before, I never made any changes to the engine for this bug to happen.

I found that this same error "***UNetConnection::Cleanup: Closing open connection. [UNetConnection]… ***appears when I give alt f4 in the game. It seems that this is being caused because the client instance may have crashed for a fraction of a millisecond and caused the loss of the connection with the dedicated server, I think the problem is being caused by my computer, when this error happens, the game a small lock very quickly and the level restarts.

That’s because it’s not an error - closing/losing the connection isn’t a crash, and Alt+F4 will indeed produce a “Connection Lost” call on the Server because the Server has no way of knowing what you did.

I’m still not seeing any crash dumps so far, this is just all normal logging.

I will try to fix my project’s alerts, I received this crash:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

UE4Editor_LeapMotion!TAsyncRunnable<void>::Run() [d:\build++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\async.h:429]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:96]

That will indeed crash - it means you tried to access a nullptr.

The call stack in visual studio will take you to the location where the crash occured (just click the items and check which var is null).

I fixed the warnings. This error didn’t come from a variable, it was a crash report. and the problem remains unresolved so far

I’m using physical animation on my character and it works perfectly to simulate a funny spring character, does it have something to do with it?

I found what could potentially be the problem, a graph was creating an infinite loop calling a variable on a timeline even though the variable and the timeline are not replicated but were triggering an event on the server, it was my mistake, I called the “finish” event and then put it in the return as a sequence for other events, but one of them calls the “reverse” event from the timeline and this was triggering the “finish” event back to the server, even though the server did not crashed, but expelled the client, apparently a firewall that the engine has for if the client loses the connection and calls a remote function back infinitely before the player reestablishes the lost connection. After fixing the problem, I no longer had these connection errors, I consider this topic partially solved, as I am still not exactly sure if this was really the problem.

1 Like