Solo dev, "Massive Defense"

Here is the progress on my first game for PC.
![fight_01a|690x388]

2 Likes

Hey there @neptunq !

I’m loving to see another tower defense game such as this! The style is so adorable and very easy to see what’s happening.

Will there be stages we as the players will have to play through or will there be endless modes?

1 Like

Hey @The_M0ss_Man!

Thank you for your interest, it’s very motivating and helpful.

It will be 40 stages and endless mode. I want to spice it up with surprises and bosses.
Players have a final number of rings on which deploy towers. As he loses the tower, the ring is also lost.

I am working on a demo to finish for the next Steam Fest.

I will post more progress here in more detail.

1 Like

Here are images of the first four levels :blush:

Hey there @neptunq !

I love seeing the updates to the textures as well as the level sneak peeks! It makes me more excited as the game creeps closer to it’s release!

Will you be presented with a set lineup of units to use per map or will you be able to customize a loadout?

1 Like

Hey @The_M0ss_Man !

Thank you for your interest. Your previous reply motivated me to do more on the game. Sometimes we can change someone’s life with one nice comment. :slight_smile:

I was thinking of making a set lineup to use per map. Customizable loadout didn’t come to me as a possibility. I will think about it and will do some testing. I loved the old game Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines with loadout.

Thank you @The_M0ss_Man and if you have some other tips and ideas I would like to hear them.

Hi there @neptunq !

That is so very nice to hear. I love supporting developers when they make something they’re passionate about. My partner and I are both extremely passionate about tower defense games like the one you’re developing so I cannot help but be excited.

The idea of having a set loadout per level would bring a good challenge as you’d have to figure out the best set up and management to win. At this time I don’t have any further tips or ideas as you’re already on a good track with your current development. I cannot wait to see what’s in store for Massive Defense!

1 Like

That’s a pretty good trailer. Wishlisting this

1 Like

Thank you @The_M0ss_Man for your support. I am working a lot on UI and Menus. Polishing and preparing demo. Soon will post some new updates.

1 Like

Hey @Roy_Wierer.Seda145 Roy,
Thank you for your kind words and Wishlist. I appreciate it very much.

1 Like

The demo is Live now :slight_smile:

Hi there @neptunq,

Hope you’re well and having a great week so far :slight_smile:

What a charming and nostalgic game! Especially for it being your first PC game. But more importantly, this looks genuinely fun. Not something just thrown together but thoughtfully crafted. Incredible work! Also, huge congrats on releasing the demo. So much accomplishment in this thread :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @PresumptivePanda ,

I took a few days to rest and now I am back preparing for Steam next fest :slight_smile:

Thank you for your message it lifted my spirit and motivation.

:sunny:

1 Like

Glad to help! Hope your rest days were well spent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi neptunq, how is it going with the project? I’m curious about the demo strategy, are you collecting player feedback? Because I didn’t see feedback on steam or discord members I advice to put it on social media (especially Reddit) and advertise loudly so you can still collect feedback in the demo period. It’s a good time to network as well.

1 Like

@Roy_Wierer.Seda145
Hi Roy, the project is going great, better than I hoped for. I was been able to fix many bugs and polish the game.
This is my first time getting to know how Steam works and all the details that are needed when publishing a game.

Two smaller YouTubers played my game and I learned a lot from that and applied. I saw what was confusing and what was not working properly.

I was putting posts on social media but not enough. I will concentrate on that.
Thank you for your tips and interest Roy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a new screenshot of the second world.

1 Like

Here are two new scenes (working version).

1 Like

Pretty themes :slight_smile: I like it but the last environment is very yellow, bit difficult on the eyes maybe when buildings / rings / units and road are of similar color. I was just thinking of an old game I used to play all the time which had themed levels and used color and shape contrasts pretty well maybe it gives some ideas.

1 Like

Hey there @neptunq !

I wanted to apologize for missing the release of your demo! I fully intend on giving it a try as soon as possible and will come back to let you know my thoughts when I can! In addition, the new scenes are coming along beautifully and I am excited as always to see what new worlds you make for us users!

1 Like