Solo dev - In Vicinity of Sorrow (Psychological Horror Game) UE5.1

I greatly appreciate the support, it really means a lot! @PresumptivePanda @Zezkaii

Here is another short in-game footage from window at 5PM (rainy day) and 11PM (snowy night) showcasing the new outdoors and DOF

2 Likes

The pleasure is all mine, donā€™t mention it! Again, these teasers are phenomenal, and ā€œIn Vicinity of Sorrowā€ is definitely on my top 5 list of games I have to play this year. I canā€™t wait. :clap: :clap: :grin:

2 Likes

Hey there @Nemaniaon !

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve checked in and Iā€™m so thrilled I decided to do so! The progress is coming along amazing and I find it absolutely charming. The aesthetic and beauty that mixes with the horror is genuinely fascinating. I do wholeheartedly enjoy the aesthetic and cannot wait to play the demo!

However, please take your time with it. I know youā€™re eager to get it out but your care is most important.

2 Likes

Greetings again, @Nemaniaon! I hope youā€™re doing well. I wanted to check in and see if I somehow missed my chance to play the demo for ā€œIn Vicinity of Sorrow.ā€ :eyes:

Greetings @Zezkaii !
I hope you are doing good! The demo is actually very very close, and no way I would forget you! :innocent:

Currently, the plan is to finish it somewhere around the start of December.
This is also the perfect month for the demo to be even more immersive considering the winter setting.

I had a lot of areas to cover in the past few months, and even though a much longer delay happened, I really needed to take it slower to be able to get it right.

A lot of new details, areas, and features that I canā€™t wait to show, but considering the demo is really close itā€™s best to wait a little more to properly try for yourself.

For now, here is little recording from window view. Cheers!

(Recorded footage is a bit darker than the in-game because of grain and film filters, and compression)

4 Likes

Itā€™s such an eerie teaser; the immersion has definitely jumped a few levels since your last post. I can tell youā€™ve been pouring some serious development into your creation since youā€™ve been away (Itā€™s a completely different vibe). This demo will be stellar! Iā€™m glad you havenā€™t forgotten about us (me :laughing:); I canā€™t wait to play! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to see a full playthrough of this. It looks utterly fantastic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I appreciate all the kind words, it means a lot! @Zezkaii @PresumptivePanda @The_M0ss_Man

I am trying to get the demo out before Christmas. Sadly, I still work on this in my free time and many delays happen because of thisā€¦hoping it will change after the demo.

But it has been a huge clutch for me to get everything before Christmas. I made huge improvements in lots of areas. The whole apartment is much more interactable and offers a big choice of items and collectibles now. Most noticeable difference is with audio, lighting, and time-weather system.

Here is another sneak peek of the latest build

4 Likes

Hi there @Nemaniaon,

Hope youā€™re well and having a particularly wonderful holiday season :slight_smile:

Even if the demo isnā€™t released before Christmas, itā€™ll feel like Christmas all over again. Well, a spooky version of Christmas. :black_heart: :christmas_tree: :black_heart:

I have to mention how the lighting in this project is probably one of the best Iā€™ve seen in a long time. It all seems natural and rather beautiful. Iā€™m thrilled to see the demo when youā€™re satisfied with it :smiley:

Good luck in these final stages!

2 Likes

Donā€™t mention it, and thank you for keeping us updated as much as you can as you balance your work/DEV life! :grin:

While it would be incredible if you could get the demo out before Christmas, no pressure! I understand how challenging it can be to work on projects in my free time. Itā€™s not always easy; hang in there! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Wow, this looks absolutely stunning! I canā€™t wait to see more from this project.

4 Likes

I love the New Yearā€™s Eve demo. Gorgeous and evocative. Keeping this on my radar.

3 Likes

New Yearā€™s Eve demo? Did I miss out on such a remarkable occasion? :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Great work! amazing visualization keep on going, youā€™re making a great project.
I have a small question, did you use a ā€œhorror engineā€ for this project ?

thanks for sharing your work, itā€™s give me and I guess other developers a huge interspersion for creating and developing.

2 Likes

Hello again!

Iā€™m back after a big silence and with some exciting news. The demo is coming in February. (fingers crossed)

Sadly, the last plan for demo testing got postponed because of some personal problems but the development hasnā€™t stopped. I am planning to do a bigger update in the upcoming days and cover some new areas and mechanics I have worked on.

There is still a LOT I want to add and improve, but I am also trying to focus on finishing the demo in the upcoming weeks of February because I am eager to get more eyes on it.

Here is a little sneak peek of my lighter mechanics before the bigger update

I greatly appreciate all the kind words, it means a lot! @PresumptivePanda @Zezkaii @Ellie @moffaclan @Batareika

@Batareika I did not use ā€œHorror Engineā€ for this project. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This looks great! I CANT WAIT!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for keeping us updated, and please donā€™t worry about the delays. Weā€™re eagerly anticipating the demo of your game, and the excitement is palpable! We canā€™t wait to be a part of this momentous occasion! Keep your head up, and I wish you the best of luck with your development. :partying_face: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Hey again @Nemaniaon,

So glad to get an update for this! Iā€™m absolutely thrilled that thereā€™s more content coming. Especially with how spectacular this looks already.

PS: Thanks for the sneak peek! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fairly new to this community, so I am pretty late to the party in regards to praising this! :star: It looks absolutely amazing, @Nemaniaon

Is it still possible to sign up for the demo?

Best regards
Christian

2 Likes

@Nordsagn Welcome, and thanks a lot for commenting!

Please contact me at invicinityofsorrow@gmail.com for a free copy, I am sending it out as soon as itā€™s ready.

Cheers!

1 Like