Solo dev, "Axiom of Maria"

Very cool. I like the door animations.

How did you get the voices?

1 Like

I outsourced the recording. Because of the COVID situation, it was hard to find foreign voice actors here. Thanks for being interested.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220413
Still work in progress: The heavy-armored bot scatters drones attack the player with self-destructions. You have to remove armors to do damage to the mainframe.

2 Likes

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220423
WIP: The second playable character. It can walk or move fast with wheels.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220430
WIP: This is the second playable character, “The principal.”

1 Like

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220508
This is the rough finish of the primary game loop for the second playable character, “The principal.” There are still many things left to do like texturing, polishing, battle against the heavy bot, and playing on the highway, but I’m going to move on to deal with the stage things and then back to this.

1 Like

Wow, incredible work, I love the musics too as a music composer myself. :slight_smile:

If you feel needing some new music, I invite you to listen to my techno project, it’s pretty ominous, but I hope you’ll like it!

(Sorry for promoting my work, but I would really like to work on another UE5 game)

Ty

1 Like

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220515
I was going to move on to the next stage, but somehow I found out that I was texturing characters.

2 Likes

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220521
[Work in Progress] Making a new level by referencing the street view of the biggest mall in Seoul. It’s an early stage that I have to deal with generating elements other than designing the level itself.

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220528
[Work in Progress] I’m on placing gizmos on a new level for spawning enemies. It takes time to refactor the movement component.

Axiom of Maria - Devlog 220604
[Work in Progress] Not much to show off this week. On refactoring the first playable character and a bit of modification of the action system. Not avoidable path.

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Still refactoring the first playable character
Now the character is in the same condition as six months ago. As always, I discovered that I made too much stuff too fast and too messy, and the refactoring took more than I thought. Anyway, It gets slightly better and better.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Refactoring and Perk system for Kay, the first playable character
You can run on a wall and dodge damage shortly. Also, you can make a power attack from the wall. The perk system through Kay’s smartwatch is still on work in progress. I’m thinking of applying this modified character to the demo version with renewed stage.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: The perk system
Perk enables you to use skills like wall run. You have to install a perk block into the grid, which can be expanded with Imago points you can earn by beating enemies.

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Renewal
It’s usual to see snowy summer in Seoul, 2074. The population cliff by the single lifestyle, low birth rate, pandemic disease, and climate change made Seoul a ghost town managed by AI.
I’m rebuilding more than half of the first stage with new lighting, optimizations & refactoring, applying a perk system, and adding new spaces.

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Tutorial
An institute in Sankt Gallen helps ‘Irregular,’ where Kay has training for the programmable suit with the principal’s instruction. Making a tutorial consumes a tremendous amount of time, and pour out spaghetti, as always.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Making more gizmos and paths.
I’m working on making more gizmos, paths, and spaces. It might be the happiest and hardest time in my life. In 2074, the virtual space became the real world of AI, and the real world became the unconsciousness of AI.

2 Likes

WOW, WOW, WOW.

Dude, imagining you made all of this alone is simply UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I was amazed by the moto chase mission, tons of explosion and action!!!

Simply f*****ing awesome!

But did you model everything on your own or used some marketplace assets?

Cheers!

One of my friends helped me with the player character. Usual props are from the marketplace, and I made the rest like mechs and backgrounds related to Seoul. Thanks for being interested.

1 Like

Axiom of Maria [WIP]: Level design
I am making a level with space and paths. A lot done, a lot to do. 15th AISOC (제15 AI특수전단, 第15 AI特殊戰團) uses the former wedding hall as their camouflage base. It was the last wedding hall in Kang-buk.

1 Like