Socket permanent attachment

Hi,
I tried create socket and attach weapon like there: https://docs.unrealengine/latest/INT/Engine/Content/Types/SkeletalMeshes/Sockets/index.html#permanentattachment
I drag & drop weapon to socket and it works in Persona editor but doesn’t work in play game mode. I see “Preview Only” next to Weapon object like on the screen:

://s12.postimg.org/if34ap05p/socket.png

Could you help me? Is it a bug? Or what?

Thank you,

I will post a video tutorial about that topic onto my channel -> you just have to wait some minutes :slight_smile:

It isnt a bug, because you will have to attach your mesh to the socket with the level blueprint.

Here it is: Hopefully it will help you :wink:

Thank you very, very much! :slight_smile:

Is this any way to assign weapon to socket without placing on scene? I’d like to assign weapon from content browser.

Here’s what to do

-Open your Character blueprint
-Go To Components
-Select your weapon in the Content Browser
-Click on Add Components and select Static Mesh or Skeletal Mesh(depending if it has bones/animations or not). It should have the name of the object in parenthesis next to the Object type (i.e. Skeletal Mesh(pistol) ).
-PARENT the weapon to the character mesh
-Select your weapon
-In the Details window, click on the magnifying glass icon in the SOCKETS option.
-Select the socket/bone of choice

I believe that’s the way to do it without it being level specific :slight_smile:

Ahhh…parent the weapon to the mesh…I was wondering why the sockets wouldn’t show up when I hit the magnifying glass…stuck on that for 15 mins…

Thanks for the help CHADALAK1…
you’re awesome…

Thank you very much! It’s awesome! You’re cool!

No Problem guys ^_^!! Took me a little bit to figure it out as well till I saw that Socket options in the Component Window :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much it worked for me :slight_smile:

I’ve just started with Unreal and had this problem of the weapon showing as preview only and stumbled on this thread litrally a couple of mins ago, solved my problem too so thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks, this worked for me as well