Socket doesn't work in the game, only works in anim. preview

I have followed maybe 7 tutorials on how sockets work and tried to reproduce them step by step, but not successfully. I want to add a simple cube mesh to my character’s bone called "head”. Yes, primitive, but I need to learn this first.

After following the tutorials, the best result I came up with was a cube that moves with my character in the level, but ignores head movements. A strange thing is it works fine in an animation montage/skeleton preview where I add the socket to the bone and then add the preview mesh, but in the game, the cube only follows the mesh in general ignoring the head.

How do I make the cube (and any other mesh) to move and rotate with a selected bone? There must be something tiny, but significant if it works in anim. montage window.

Solved!
Well that was interesting, didn’t even need to do blueprints. Apparently just parent a static mesh to a socket by browsing “parent socket” in the viewport. The catch is I had to parent a static mesh to my character’s skeletal mesh in the viewport, than it worked.

How does one do that, I have the same problem. I’m new to unreal so I don’t how to do everything yet.