So you want to make a map

To be really fair ive got no cleu anymore… First someone thold to load TheIsland so you can check all items, so if need… you can add to your own work. (i can see some logic in ther)
But sins i cant check anything because its hidden i need to manual load al those Levels…

And you just say only load and save as… so am missing some steps i think…
anyway am loading TheIsland again and am going to just save it as the folder name and contineu to the next step.

Thanks anyway you just try to help and this is all just new for me,

Hey , so I was wondering, would you know anything about map-mod compatibility?
The harvest components and spawn groups are tied to the map, but many mods edit them. How would you go about ensuring decent compatibility?
Do you use the same classes and assign them differently based on the landscape? Or do you create your custom ones to ensure the placement you envision?

Reason I ask is, I’m making a TC mod that should improve the game experience (ymmv) without relying on (or perhaps even thanks to excluding) other mods, but I would like to keep compatibility with new maps.

when loading theisland for the first time just load all the levels, you do not need to save those as “save as” at all, simply load and let the UE4 editor compile its shaders then ur done

I am not too sure actually, I personally only use the settings they use on theisland, same dino spawns and same trees and bushes so i guess a rework mod would work on my map, I have not tried it though

I see. That’s good news for me then.

I can’t seem to get my clouds moving when I scrub through the Master DayCycle matinee. Also, in-game my sun and sky do not change positions. I’ve linked everything accordingly, but to no avail. This is bugging the hell out of me. Any thoughts on what this could be?

Do your Tutorial work ingame too?
I made my first Map only with 1 “Map”, but now I want make a new Map with SubMaps, because bringing things like foliage in, takes longer and longer time in my first map…

I did all like in the Tutorial, in the DevKit I run it as “in viewport” or “standalone” and all works fine,
but when it´s cooked and runs in the game, I can´t see anything, no Landscape, no Water, no Plants, I´m only can see swimming and flying dinos and I can swim too…

Have put the Landscape in the Persistent Level and can see it now ingame, but all other things not…

Than I made some things in the Level Blueprint to load SubMaps after entering an Area, but don´t works too…

Edit: Change the Level Blueprint, with a tutorial, but nothing happens…
(In the tutorial is an option to add levels to a streaming volume, this option I can´t find)

You need to enable composite world settings, otherwise it will not load other levels then the persistent one :slight_smile:

I´m an idiot,
forgot to cook the other levels too…
Everytime only the persistent level was cooked and the dinos who spawned, was in the main level.

Now I must figure out how to show only the persistent level in the maps-list ingame^^

How do you made this picture?

I took several top down pictures and stitched them together

Also when you cook only type in the name of the persistent level, DO NOT INCLUDE ALL THE OTHER LEVELS (like this http://grab.by/MG1Y) (my levels to show i got more then 1 http://grab.by/MG2i)

http://grab.by/MG2o

Under World make sure “Enable World Composition” is ticked, otherwise itl ignore your other sublevels

A little question:
Do you work with the ADK from Steam or from the EPIC Launcher?
I think there is a difference, because I can´t add a long text as description like you, if I do, it aborts the upload…

Maybe there´s the problem, if I want cook and upload my map with only the main level^^

I did this too, but my picture looks a lot different…

Here is the latest overview picture i made, http://i.imgur.com/NIkQuPP.jpg I make these by aiming a camera downwards and essentially making a massive grid by 50-70 cameras then i switc between them and take a screenshot, i then piece them together in photoshop

I use the ADK from the epic launcher as the steam one is dead and will never be updated

I use the ADK from epic too, but don´t know, why I have this problems…
After I cooked all levels, I need now only to cook the main level and all others work too, don´t know why^^

Making the picture with cameras looking down is a good idea, but with what “view mode” do you do this?

I use the normal light mode

I cant seem to get the sky to display on my own server - is there anything specific I have to do to get the sky to show up? Any assets or anything i need? Do i need something more then the standard items int eh blueprint for truesky/day night cycle?

everything i have to make mine work is in the tutorial, i have not added anything else regarding the sky or lighting

[ISSUE RESOLVED !]
Thanks to the development team @ TrueSky …
the answer to “all black sky” is : dont run your game in less then DX11, TrueSky doesnt support anything less!
As soon as I removed that “-dx10” line from my launch, it suddenly displayed! Oh happy days!

TrueSky is not compatible with anything less then DX11

[RESOLVED !]

for the blueprint, i was looking, and the dedicated server is set to FALSE, should it be set to true? I am finding a lot of the BP settings in TheIsland are a little off some times

Seen above, dedicated is set to FALSE. Should this be true? If i enable bp_skysphere to “visible” i can see that, but, no TrueSky effects. Thats really not waht is wanted here. I remade the entire map from scratch and followed this guide 100% perfectly. Same results.
Has anyone gotten TrueSky to work outside of the editor? If so, what did you have to do to get it to work properly?

[this issue is resolved BELOW]
also, not tied to the TrueSky setup …
when i have all my maps, and, world composition setup, my “player start” starts me like 400 miles from where it should and drops me into the ocean. I see some people have issues but never explain how they fixed them. Kinda why we see the same questions being asked over and over i guess. Anyways, any reason that the player start would be different then where i placed it?

World Settings:
Enable World Comp: Checked
Navigation: No check
Enable World Rebasing: No check

Resolution: Only the primary map gets World Comp check mark, the rest do not. Example: Persistent > A1_Near > A1_Far. Only Persistent gets “Enable World Composition” checked. The rest are loaded in manually, or, from the “level > make new” section.
[this issue is resolved ABOVE]

Hey nice work on this article.
What are those codes for at the end?

lol i asked the same thing. its not CODE like copy/paste, its to show what links to what is all.

Can you please explain in further details how to divide the main map into sections/sub maps? I’m a bit new to this and the way you put it doesn’t seem to explain it quite enough for me. Either that or I’m completely missing something

Thanks (: